What do you Carry?

I'm sorry if this seem like a stupid question...

When you're walking about with your detector what what to you carry with you?

I know the basics.

Water, Your metal detector with extra batteries, Plastic scoop and pick.

Is there anything else or extras this newbie should be packing with him?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

45 auto, you just never know, when your going to need it! Grubstake

Ahhhhhh so true.. lol Love it :)

A leatherman, tie wraps and electrical tape come in handy. Some spare plastic bolts and wing nuts. Pack some sandwiches, they taste so much better in the field. I always have one of those small plastic ponchos from walmart in the pack, whether I would need it that day or not.

Tweezers for the big stickers...and a comb for the cholla....two sticks will work also

What to throw in the truck..................think like your gonna spend the night :)

Tom H.

I took my son out to some random patch of public land north of surprise. We had a lot a of fun, digging up old bullets, wire, and nails. It was really great getting outside. It settled some of the questions I had.

I did learn a few things the first is I need a pick with a longer handle. My old military fold up shovel just didn't cut it. I'm way to tall for that set up as pick.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, the gloves ended up being nice. The leatherman was nice for pulling out a few random cactus thorns.

To top of a really great day of pulling lead out of the ground I got to put some back. I shot a couple mags from my new p238.

Thanks for the tips,

rq

In a 10 pocket belt pouch I carry a Maghoe, Jimmy Sierra nugget cup, nugget tray, plastic Fiskars trowel, dental pick, small firm-bristled paint brush, two sizes of tweezers, magnifying glass, 2x power set of small reading glasses, Cutter snake bite kit (yeah, controversial) nugget vial, extra batteries, a dozen or so plastic spoons, small first aid kit, Estwing chisel, and several packs of Smarties. Yes, I have been accused of lookinng like a refugee from the Foreign Legion. HH Jim

Gun, toilet paper, small first aid kit, couple cans of sardines, cell phone, couple pictures of me the way I used to look and a couple of extra bottles of asperin, a rake, couple of different diggin' picks and some rubbers ... Ya just never know what kind of golden opportunities you'll dig up out in the Big AZ! B) Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah