saying hello

Gday Guys,

Just wanted to write a quick note and introduce myself. Im from Australia but currently live in the USA for a few months each year(my wife is from WI) The rest of the year i spend in Western Australia swinging for the elusive yella. I have never detected here in the US as i dont know your system of claims etc ...in WA you have a never ending amount of ground to cover...all legally which is what i like.

I currently use a GPX5000 with various coils (Nugget Finder, Minelab, Coiltek) but favour the standard 11ich mono minelab, 14in round mono NF & the 15x12 minelab mono.

Ill be heading back to West Aust in the next few weeks to start our 2013 season & hope the gold gods will be shining down upon us!

Happy Hunting

Carms

attached is a couple of the nugs we found last season, all with the GPX5000

post-52184-0-48668900-1359754887_thumb.j

Not all public lands but any area that isnt under a mining lease(claim) is free game, an area that is under lease but an exploration lease etc is also free game but you need to fill out a form at the mines dept(20a) etc. Also any lease that is currently pending is also free game, so any mining company etc that decides to place a mining lease over an area has a waiting period of about 9 months & during this time its a pending lease and once again "free game!"

Basically just the areas that are currently pending leases would take you 100 lifetimes just to try and cover all the ground, not to mention the land that isnt under any lease at all!

Majority of prospectors research an area then find ground within that area that they can prospect using software supplied by the mines dept(government) called Tengraph. with this program you can view all tenements(claims) in a given area etc

carms

thanks Bucket, just a few from last season...bout 2.5-3oz pictured with the largest being about 9grams...not many big ones last year but plenty of tiny ones soon add up. From one little area alone i managed to ping 150 odd nuggets over a 1 week period...only added up to a couple of ounces and broke my back bending down 150 times but every one made me smile!