My GP3000 finds it's first gold

Just got home from a day trip with Newriver Blake and both of us found gold. I started detecting with my new to me 3000 and didn't take long to find the first nugget it has ever seen. After lunch I pulled out the 5000 and Joey coil. Blake and I spent the rest of the day cleaning the place up. Blake's nuggets are on the left and mine are on the right. The small specs were dug out of the cracks with tweezers and a straw. It turned out to be a great day.

post-31188-0-40513500-1359867605_thumb.j

Thanks Buckeye,

I thought that was why you switched over. I have heard the GP3000 is just as sensitive as the 5k and also heard the opposite that the 5k is more sensitive

on small gold.

Thanks again and keep getting that gold small or large love to see it. More gold than boot tacks to ya.

Way to go guys!
Glad both of you scored.

Looks like it could be a nice dry washing area?
Tom H.

Cowkiller,

Thanks for the info, .06 gram is small stuff for sure, will keep hunting. What coil is your favorite for the small stuff?

Hope to get out after work as soon as it starts to stay light longer and detect a little each day after work.