If you want a Gold Bug 2 buy it right now!

Does that mean that Fisher may be coming out with a improved model of this unit? If not we better stock up fast. I got my eyes opened to what the gb2 can do while up in nevada on a buddys claim last summer, chasing vein gold, my other detectors were silent, the gb2's would hit hard on the tiny stuff. My buddies own and have tried the gb pro on same site and the gold in the quartz was too small to chase with the pro.

We've had shortages of many different detectors in the recent past, including models from several detector makers. Looks like we will be having a shortage in the GB. These shortages can be caused by different factors - sudden new demand from overseas markets, lack of critical components, transfer or shut down of manufacturing facilities, etc. - even a combination of these factors.

I respect Ray and I have read all the posts , this vs that ,~~~and being the novice i am this thought came to my mind~~~

i have to compare his success with a story about my brother...

My brother is a great fisherman with years of time fishing..and he almost always wil catch fish even when no one can..

...he has even gone so far as to move over and let me fish his "glory hole" down on the TN River..... and I still don't hook up as much as him.

So what is the diference and why does he catch so many more fish than anyone else???

It is simple... ----- while I am here writing this post ~~~~he is probably fishing :)

Love you all

I am going to St Augustine today to check out the beach with an MXT thanks to drillerdave!!!!!

More yellar to ya !

BTW--I loved my GB2 :P

Hey guys, I really do not think that a company the size of Fisher would make any determination on future sales of the GB II based on anything I have said or written. I still stand by my GBII experiences over the years which have been fantastic. When I started using it I was finding the dinks that it is known for finding. Maybe five to eight pieces to make a grain. Now that I am using the GB Pro I am still doing the same with dinks except that it is easier to keep balanced, work under high tension lines, work in and around basalt and serpentine and some of the volcanics we have here in Northern California. I could not and I know many people that could not use a GBII in these same areas so it is not just me. I will say again, I can find pieces small enough that it takes maybe five to eight to make a grain with either detector. I have never said anything bad about the GBII. It is just my opinion that I do not need to fight with the GBII when the GB Pro does it with ease. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Well I'm not sure about the GB2, but my sales on the GoldBug Pro are up. I have to agree with Ray that that GB Pro seems much easier to keep balanced and they both find very small gold. I found a piece with the Pro a few weeks ago that was under a grain and I chased it around for a bit. Both the GB2 and GB Pro are great.

We have a good stock of both detectors, even the original GoldBug if anyone can't find one.

Echo what Chris said. I spoke with Fisher a few days ago and they indicated that GB2s should start becoming available again at the end of April / beginning of May... they got wiped out by a huge order. I actually like to have both with me and decide which one to use when I get to my hunting spot... Like Ray, I have found areas where the GBPro is not bothered by hotrocks at all while the GB2 goes crazy. Then there are the areas where the GB2 can balance out certain types of rocks that keep the GBpro noisy. It's all about having the right tool for the job, but if I could only own one VLF, it would be the Pro. Not that the GB2 isn't more sensitive, it's because the Pro is a lot more versatile.

I have both the Gold Bug 2 and Gold Bug Pro plus an F75SE. If I could in good conscience dump any one of the three without giving something up I would. They all have a slight edge in one way or the other. For most people the Gold Bug Pro represents the best compromise between having all three.

• 3 weeks later...

1) TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS, you said the GB Pro works good in these rocks but have you ever tested the AT Gold and F75SE in your basalt, serpentine, and volcanics.?

Steve H. explains he likes that the meter on the GB Pro which always runs in discriminate mode even when the detector is in all metal prospect mode which is like running 2 detectors at the same time.

2) But my question to anyone is, can the GB Pro be set to notch out certain numbers.? For instance if a certain hotrock(or basalt volcanic) is coming up and can that number(s) be knocked(notched) out to eliminate it.?

If not then instead of the GB Pro maybe it would be better to use the F75SE(or AT Gold) to notch out hotrocks(or basalt volcanic or small ferrous iron trash) and still see the meter in all metal prospect mode.

The F75 has notch but only in discriminate mode. I used it at Moore Creek to good effect to knock out the hot rocks. But hot rocks read low, and you can basically do same going to disc mode on GB Pro and dialing in the disc until the rocks go away. Will cost you gold but if the rocks are so bad you are going to quit anyway.....

Wow... what an great post... New information and thoughts... I thought I would add a bit

more... First Steve H. has used the GB-2 from the beginning and really is great with it, so

listen to what he sez..

Before the GB-2 hit the hills it was bashed by experts... it was panned, due to its

advertised frequency, about 71 kHz... {Hey the experts love to bash machines and others

will join in with an echo (the Fisher Gold Strike and Garrett Stinger, both good detectors...

in the hands of seasoned gold prospector... are just two of the many detectors that have

been bashed"}, However Ol' Jim L. had faith in Dave J., and full speed away Fisher went.

The early bashers were soon embarassed and with their tail between their legs skulked

away, There is absolutely no detector that can equal finding the bits of goid that has been

lost in easy to kick down and to re-work both header and tailing drywashers tailings (an

the overburden piles too). Especially the piles that have small bits of placer that has not

free'd from a sliver of quartz or still in a clay particle or even a chunk of caliche or another

hardpan.

Today as I write this there is a group of seaoned fulltimers out detecting old considered

worked out and now abandoned or forgotten small epithermal placers, mostly electum.

They are finding the bits of shallow electrum (with the GB-2) which quickly add up into

a nice poke and and even finding a larger chunk of vein and small pods that has been

overlooked. Where?... the Great Basin and Range. Also the Mojave and much of British

Columbia and some of Arizona and other metallogenietic areas in the Cordilleran of

North America.

Hey... books and articles have been written about epithermal hardrock precious metal

deposits and associated placers... Many of them are now being drilled and found to

be a Carlin-Type at depth... But again... it could be said that the full-timers with the

knowledge and permission of large companies are the pathfinders. Most are still using

the GB-Pro and the small 3x6 inch coil.... Ol' tailgate

• 2 weeks later...