Somewhere around Jackson, Ca.?... 30 acres of

land and my friend told me a person he knows would give us permission to go up on

his land and look for gold if we want...How would you approach this opportunity?...Equipment,

written permission for each person, chances of gold being in the area, snakes, etc?...

Feel free to chime in about these variables and any other thing you can think of to make

this opportunity a positive for now and in the future...Wish I had more info but just got word

today...Thanks...

land and my friend told me a person he knows would give us permission to go up on

his land and look for gold if we want...How would you approach this opportunity?...Equipment,

written permission for each person, chances of gold being in the area, snakes, etc?...

Feel free to chime in about these variables and any other thing you can think of to make

this opportunity a positive for now and in the future...Wish I had more info but just got word

today...Thanks...

If it's Jackson and your friend has permission to look. Go for it, and keep what you find. Some of Jackson is rich in gold other parts arn't. A lot of ground could be mountain goat steep. As for snakes keep coil in front of you and they will let you know if you are getting to close.If something really good turns up make a writen deal with owner. Find out if there is a stream for panning. If need help looking send me a PM and I'll give you a hand and lend what experience I have. I have lived up there for over 40 yrs. Most of Jackson was built over and burnt down many times with lots of junk and relics to be found. I have a Xterra 705 gold. Good luck and good hunting. If need extra advice send me a PM with phone # and I'll try to help further..

Is it placer,hardrock or both?...What's your equipment and expectations?...Why worry about snakes,yes they are already out in the foothills.Worse snakes are the two footed ones anyhow.Did some snorkling for gold/bottle digging in Jackson 34 years ago.As the fellow above replied,it's a great area for finding everything if you've the access and the right spot..I'm just down the road in Angels Camp,mostly hard rocking stuff the last 30 years..Dave.

Still working on getting more info...When I do, I'll let guys have the facts...Was also told the owner

found a little gold on his property but probably doesn't know much about finding the stuff...Thanks for your

responses...

Rongold. I would jump on the chance. Any 30 acres around Jackson has a great chance of having some gold. If you get a few nuggets, definately offer the landowner one which should get you an invite back. It's a rare opportunity since most large landowners in the area don't allow any access whatsoever. I found this beauty yesterday near Jackson.----Bob

post-100-0-86941000-1304515706_thumb.jpg

That's a beauty Montana...Maybe someday when I get all the info on this property, I'll give you

a ring on this site...The guy who owns the property isn't even worried about the gold on it because

of the money he makes here in the bay area...My brother Xman is the gold hound and I'll bring him for sure...

Be neat to meet you someday and if everything works out in the future, I'd try my best to get you on

the property just so you and my brother could swing away...He'd learn alot from you I bet...I'll see what

my friend came up with so far this week with the owner...Once I get a location, I'll be able to go on Google

Earth and see it better...The main thing I want is written permission for anyone that goes on the property...

That nugget sure is encouraging...Thanks Montana...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I met the owner of the property today at the donut shop...It's not 30 acres but 39 acres...And yes, he's found gold on his property...

He had a rock with gold in it that he found there and I asked to see it but someone stole it from his house at a gathering, he just shrugged it

off...Now he goes on to tell me he's got a bulldozer and quad on his property too...Beginning to sound like Steve H. up there in Alaska...I'm falling out of

my chair listening to all of this...Then he goes on to say come get the keys when you want to go up...Minutes later he decides he would like to

go once he found out we all had metal detectors...Called my brother and told him to get stuff ready cause when this guy says go, we go...Stay tuned...

Archived