Tuesday's Gold from Virginia

I started off with the Coiltek 18" round mono but too noisy, afternoons are very troublesome at this site. Changed over to the Coiltek 14X9 mono and what a difference. BTW, I pounded this area previously with the ML 11" DD and found several nuggets, but no doubt there are lots still to find. The EMIs and hot soil make this place a challenge.

I started off with the Coiltek 18" round mono but too noisy, afternoons are very troublesome at this site. Changed over to the Coiltek 14X9 mono and what a difference. BTW, I pounded this area previously with the ML 11" DD and found several nuggets, but no doubt there are lots still to find. The EMIs and hot soil make this place a challenge.

Being from TN and moved to NV,, i gotta love the way you consistently get the gold!

I used to live at Smith Mtn. Lake back in the paleo days!!!

Congressman, my business partner use to own a condo on the south side of Smith Mountain Lake. I stayed there several times, a beautiful place. I am fortunate to have friends with access to some of the old Virignia gold fields. This is all new to me since I relic hunted for many, many years and by total happenstance stumbled onto a ML GPX 4500 for relic hunting Culpeper hot red soil. In the process I tried an old gold field and the first day found 6 nuggets. That was last September so I have been hooked ever since.

Archived