Record Rattlesnake find in Globe, Arizona

:wacko::unsure::blink:

Hello All,,,

last summer I had this 5' garden snake eating my tomatoes off the vine. In my backyard. I was fighting him off with my pepper spray, put he just made a salad with it. :D But for real on TV I saw rattlers that big in Florida... Florida has every poisonios snake you can find in North America, and coral snakes, and Florida has every rattler there is too. This was a fun post...Bob777...

Bandana Don,

Back in the mid seventy, I was station at the US Navy base in Mayport, FL. IN the building for base security, near the main gate was a picture of ten or twelve guys holding this rattler! I believd the picture was taken during base construction in the fourty.

More Au to you, Robert

Yep!

Down in Alice Texas they hold annual rattlesnake hunts every year!

The baby snake are 10 ft long!

ROFL!

Just kidding!

The biggest I have even seen is an 8 ft long timber rattler in NE Lousianna back when I was a kid! Dad had shot it while we were out with him one Sunday while he was working!

Snakes that big just remind me of the movie Anaconda!

Hope everyone is doing ok and finding lots of gold!

regards

karl

AzNuggetBob,

I remember that guy hanging around the LSD area! Some where I even have a picture of him with that snake hanging around his neck, never knew what happen to him,

I am going to look for the pic (print before the days of digital) I lost a lot of my prints in a fire and am slowly scaning what I have left (100s).

Max

Hi Max, that's the guy. Snakeman, he lived out in that area. I only went to his house a few times and it was not the place for the squeamish. He had snakes everywhere, in boxes with loose lids I might add. running around loose on the floor. you had to shut the door to keep them in! he had a pit in his back yard full of the common western diamondbacks. snakes everywhere. a wild and crazy guy. AzNuggetBob