Out with a friend...

I met up with Nuggeteer this morning for a hunt. I took him to a location that offers varied scenarios for gold detecting. I have found old river placer, pocket gold from iron lines and hard rock specimens at this site. It is quite a large area and it took us about twenty minutes to get to the first area. After showing him around we got to hunting and within thirty minutes he hollered over to me saying he had found one. He will have to post a picture as I did not get one. It was a small piece maybe several grains. I continued detecting and about fifteen minutes later I hollered at him that I had found one. My piece turned out to be half a pennyweight. Both pieces were coarse gold.

After another half hour we decided to go up the mountain to a location that has channel placer and some pockets running through the same area. We were not doing too well after an hour of hunting. We met up for a few minutes and then headed off again in different directions. Another hour later we caught up with each other and he asked me if I had found anything. I said yes and he asked was it bigger and deeper than the first piece to which I nodded my head yes. I had been detecting an old site that I had found years before and got a real subtle signal and after digging for five minutes trying to be careful so that I would not damage the nugget (I just knew it was nugget) it finally showed itself in the bottom of the sixteen inch deep hole. When I checked the weight at home it was an even two pennyweight.

We headed back out to hunt a few locations on the way. My bone spur was starting to act up so I detected for a bit and headed out leaving Nuggeteer on his own. He may have found something else, we will have wait and see. Nuggeteer was using the GB Pro with the ten inch coil and I was using my old modded 3000 with the 8 x 6 Sadie coil. Thanks for looking guys, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Dang nice gold Ray!!
WTG!!!!

Sounds like you two had some fun in the hills

and got some nice gold to boot.

Tks for the inspiration.

Tom H.