The Sweet Spot!

We've all heard it: "One inch is a mile" that saying is very true in our hobby of detecting. I've swung right through several patches only to later discover it on another trip to find that token nugget that makes you hunker down to business. That first nugget is the key, second nugget is great, they can lead you to the coveted Sweet Spot of the patch. Last week taking advantage of the nice weather in the high country, this classic case unfolded. Jeff "NuggetSlayer", Robin and I parked the truck. We wanted to hit a small canyon just over the ridge we parked next to. Hiking over the ridge and down to our starting point, Jeff noticed a drainage to the right. We walked above it and noticed some nice bedrock starting to show it self towards the bottom of the canyon. We decided to hunt the last 40 yards of the drainage to the mouth of the small canyon. 10 minutes in the hunt with Jeff and I, ready to kick down to our destination Robin says, I have a good target! We stood on the opposite side of the drainage watching her dig and then hold up a nice nugget! Jeff and I, look at each other and said game on! Below Robin, I pull a nice nugget out and Jeff finds the sweet spot. Robin and I, hit this spot a couple days later with a nugget each...and much more prospecting of this area for years to come! Until the next hunt and to the next sweet spot!

LuckyLundy

post-10733-0-03620600-1382982326_thumb.j

Wish I had half the gold I've walked over! That was a good hunt, but Robin saved our asses! My poke hasn't seen a good day in awhile so them nuggets were welcome. Ya the women have the patience to dig the trash and not get frustrated, I was ready to leave after about 15min not finding anything. Half ounce days sure makes me think we need to go over a lot of other spots we flaked on early Rick.