Is this one of those bits?

Hi Wes and others. Took a picture of one of those bits, the small one with the cavity I just couldn't take properly as the cavity section wouldn't come out clear enough.

But this bit did. Found it years ago. Weighs 57g.

Funny find. I went all the way to a place I wanted to try and there was a guy there swinging right over the spot. I thought "great after travelling and someone's here". I never move in on anyone detecting, I don't like it done to me so don't do it to others. So I decided to just prop there to have a bite for lunch and then move on.

But as I was eating he moved off over the hill. I got out to see and he was getting further away, obviously did no good and was moving on.

Ok, so after my lunch I get out my gear and go right down to the wash out he was swinging over. In about 3 minutes I get this signal on the most open bit of ground there. Right where he had been detecting. Dig out about 10 inches of dirt and gravel and bingo, this bit!

Had my name on it.

post-66415-0-90952200-1384996139_thumb.j