Nice Weather for Nuggethunting

Had to get out of the fog shrouded and frozen Trinity County. So Big Ed and I headed down to Shasta County for a little time in the sun. The weather near Redding was great Saturday. Was nice just to get out and do some beeping and enjoy the nice weather. We went to an area that has been hunted really hard for years just to see if we could find a crum or two that had been overlooked. Ed took the F75 and I had my GPX4000 with the Blitz coil. The soil had just the right amount of moisture for easy digging and target enhancement. I like to target the small stuff with my settings and let the larger nugs take care of themselves. Started off finding only little bits of iron that had been missed by myself and others. Then I started to get a little warm so I moved to the other side of the gully to get in the shade for awhile. First target I encountered on the side of the hill sounded like a 22 bullet. To my supprise, it turned out to be gold, a nice 1.2 dwt piece. The nice weather and good company made for a great day, finding gold made it even better. Ed wasn't able to get over any gold, but I think he still had a good time.

Mark

post-1956-0-54819100-1387773859_thumb.jp