Nuggets in Gell Coat

Here's some pictures of how a nugget in gell coat looks. The pics here don't do it real justice and this one was done about 20 years ago and I haven't really looked after it real well, let it get scratched up a bit. But it really does make a nugget look awesome when done. Especially a specie. Im sure too you can actually get books on how to do it, for those interested.

post-66415-0-22006300-1393239870_thumb.j

post-66415-0-36573900-1393239886_thumb.j

post-66415-0-08744900-1393239908_thumb.j

Ya Alwaysdirty your gona have that thing polished up in no time just from playing with it. :D I still remember what it was like finding my first nugget even though it was over thirty years ago, and like I say

"Finding gold never gets old". AzNuggetBob

One interesting trick for polishing nuggets was told to me by Tony Pancake ... He puts a few table spoons of baking soda in his pocket and drops in a few nuggets and then just plays with his nuggets for a month or two ... ;) ;) ;):rolleyes: ...Y'r never too old to polish yr nuggts! Cheers... Your Unc in the
Dubyah

That's just a half g bit. Its still clear as a bell that stuff its in after 20 yrs. Its just the picture and flash that make it look like its not.

On people carrying around nuggets. I know a guy who carried around a 20 oz bit for a few years in his pocket. He was a bit of a nut though so that explains it.

I once had a 3 g bit done as a gift for a farmer who let me detect on his property. That one looked fantastic, should have seen his face when I gave it to him.

Well I think that those old timers actually thought about gold differently than most do these days. It was all of it was sold to feed the famiiy and pay the bills. The only piece left to prove what they once had are the couple lunkers they saved. They were not building collections , they were just working for a living like everyone else.