short hike with Fors plus

Thx tortuga. Actually there is alot of gold with quartz mixed at gold deposits like this one. I started at the bottom and will continue my up. In the past with a gb 2. I found a few specimens near the top. And rough pieces that have some quartz. Near the bottom are pieces that slid away from their orgin. They get smooth and shiny with most quartz ground off. Below the hill is a small creek and is likely how the old timers found the spot. By following the gold up the hill. With their metal detector a gold pan. I have found virgin patches nearby known diggins, by test detecting at the bottom of the hill. Then I advance my up to the source. Which in most cases has eroded away and the gold is on its way down the hill. So I detect there and get all the runaway gold from the original pocket. But I have found a few small pockets still intact. But unfortunatly they didnt have a retirement amount. A couple ounces sometimes. Wherever the old timers found series of pocket deposits on a hill is a good place to find blind pockets. The old timers followed the gold up the hill and dug out the source. They think. But some places have several pockets releasing gold. So they only found some and once in awhile they missed one of the others that was releasing gold downhill aswell.

Take care