Virginia Nuggets

Rob- wanted to say thanks for the used coiltek elite 11 inch mono, its been an awesome coil, and its the coil that has helped me find my first gold with the GPX 4800 in Virginia.  I have much more confidence in the machine now that ive seen what it can do.  I was mainly running in enhance with the gain and stabilized at the factory presets, and in fixed ground balance.  The ground on this site in Virginia was throwing to many ground signals and hot rocks at the machine when i tried to run in normal.  

Smallest piece was 5 grains picked up at about 2 to three inches down, largest piece was slightly over a gram and was down about 5 inches.  All the nuggets were easy to hear signals.  

20190803_130432.thumb.jpg.839d4d41ac115655ed364f9dfe3fe785.jpg

Also went out to a different site on Sunday that has been producing pickers with the gold monster and pulled out 5 more nice pieces. Biggest was a gram and another was a nice little quartz and gold specimen piece.  All the nuggets from this spot have been on exposed decomposing bedrock in the creek.  

20190804_130212.thumb.jpg.1167a2d4bde38abeed619885e55f768c.jpg

Its taken about a year, but my detectors are starting to reap some rewards in Virginia.  4.5 grams total for the weekend.  

• Like 3