Yest I took a ride out to one of the old Stampeder Campsites to hunt a few Relics and take a look at the slide that closed the Lake road for a few days and completely shut the water off in the River for a few hours last summer, what devastation. I wear Carhart Bibs and the jackets most of the time and the bugs have a tough time penetrating the heavy Denim anyway, but here is a tip I have used for a long time... The Bugs do not like the smell of the fabric softener Bounce, yest i just wiped my clothes down and left the paper in my Bib front pocket.. The area I hunted is pretty brushy and the bugs were out but did not bother me.. What I am going to do now is this, the nite before hunting, I am going to have NJ run my Bibs and shirt or jacket thru a moderate cycle or air dry with the Bounce Pads, then when it is thru she is going to put the clothes in a plastic bag with the Bounce papers and they will be stored until I use them, I will put the papers in my pockets too.. You guys carry one of the small Bounce Boxes to Moore and rub your clothes down with a pad or two, I am sure it will help ...HH...Geo

Don't forget your Ben's tho :)

Hi Geo,

Speeking of Bounce, here are a few more uses.

To all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets

To keep yellow-jackets away.

Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer. Use it when you are

working outside. It really works. The yellow jackets just veer around you.

1. All this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer! It

will chase ants away when you lay! a sheet near them. It also repels mice.

2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars

that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.

3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get

opened too often.

4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop

when outdoors during mosquito season.

5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.

6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television

screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a

drawer or hang in the closet.

9. Put Bounce sheet ! in vacuum cleaner.

10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a

sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce

inside empty luggage before storing.

12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under

the front seat.

13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan,

fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static

agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.

14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the

bottom of the wastebasket.

15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will

magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the

blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.

17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of

Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of

Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your

shoes or sneakers overnight.

20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees

away.

21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before

folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.

22. Quick, bounce this on within the next 5 minutes! Nothing will

happen if you don't, but your friends will be glad to hear these hints!

23. Sorry, it doesn't work on bill collectors.

Hi Reg Thanx for the additional info.. I banged out a nice 10 grammer not far from where Tony picked up that small piece when you doing the field test for LT on the GB2.... I have completely lost track of Rod Hamilton and just don't know who to ask now to find out where he is... I talked to George Payne a while back and he has not heard from him either. I think he was working for a Golf Cart manu. somewhere in Phoenix and living in Fountain Hills..Have you heard anything of him yourself??? :( ...Geo

Reg and seeker, thanks a bunch for the info on Bounce.

I probably can't find it here but I'm sure going to try.

Hornets look out here comes Bounce.

Does it do anything to ticks?

What works good for bugs:

I don't shower for about 2 weeks and I pee in my wetsuit :wacko:

Just Kidding.

I take Garlic tablets and vitamin B-1. The ticks don't get any where near me. Your body excrets garlic and the bugs hate it. I learned a few years ago from an old timer that he used B-1. I have since used both with good results.

My buddy gets sucked dry and they just fly around me abour 6" away :D

Try it out!

Hi Geo,

Good to hear from you again. As for Rod, I tried to get in touch with him some time back and had no success. I am not sure what is going on. He seems to have just disappeared.

As for George Payne, I haven't been in contact with him for over a year now. I see where he is considering designing a new Mark 1. I hope he decides to do it.

Picked up a nice nugget where Tony found the one with the GB 2 huh? Good, there were quite a few nice ones taken from the area. The best I saw was a 2 oz specimen tony picked up there. How it was missed before is a mystery. It was only down a couple of inches.

Reg

I guess George is seriously considering a new MK1 and he should. I would like to see it on the order of the ST with the power it had and the MK1 tones etc, nice detector, I just don't hunt for coins much anymore except when I get in some of those old out of the way mining campsites where there were a lot of tent frames, man do I love to hunt the Klondike... :) HH...Geo

Hi Geo,

Quite some time ago, George and I discussed some ideas about increasing the accuracy of the discrimination feature. He had a rather unique idea for a dual frequency machine. Now, without going into details, the second frequency, something I think he casually mentioned a while back on a different forum should be a kick butt frequency for gold hunting.

So, if he decides to go the route he mentioned, then the detector should be very versatile. Lets see how it all works out.

One of the features built into the original Mark 1 is a unique design that compensates for the secondary effects of the ground mineralization and motion. According to George, he has never seen that technique used by anyone else. He also says it works very well. Now, I would expect that he would incorporate such a feature into his new design. If it works like he mentioned, then ground signals may be minimized making the VLF useable in more places. He also mentioned some techniques to enhance coil capabilities. Unfortunately, the low operating frequency of the original Mark 1 is not the best for gold, but the new fundamental frequency he mentioned should work well along with the secondary frequency.

If he incorporates all the features he mentioned, the new Mark 1 replacement could be the machines of machines. First, lets hope he builds it, and second he builds it to the specs he is capable of

When looking at all his patents, one can understand why he is so respected. BTW, his 1978 patent of a triangular pulse machine was one that ground balanced and discriminated iron. It is too bad that detector was never fully developed. Who knows where it might be now.

Reg

Thats very interesting for sure, years ago probably around 87 or so I left some nuggets with George at the Salem facility he had them for a week or so and I know he at least knew what the Conductivity and Resistivity of those pieces were..Takes a few dollars to get something like that going...I also know that a few folks tried to get TEK before it went under but S. S. wasn't having anything to do with it. Anyway that was a long time ago and I don't have to work for anyone anymore.. :) Gonna try and have some fun soon, a little work and a little nugget hunting... Geo