One of tha analysts on the KITCO site made mention that gold will go back to below 300.00 for awhile. Guess a guy is going to have to hang on to these 700.00 investment rounds for awhile. I bought a bunch of scrap gold (jewelry) when it was 680.00, looks like I will have it for a while.

Allen in MT

One good thing is that the people in it just for the money won't be out there looking for it as much now. I think it is all being manipulated. Do a GATA search on google.

Inventories of silver are constantly dropping. Comex silver will have no inventory left by the end of the year if it keeps up like it has. Here is a link and then you can see for yourself everyday.

http://www.nymex.com/sil_fut_wareho.aspx

The bottom right hand number changes daily, less and less. Soon there will be no silver left, then what.. the price goes up is what.

:rolleyes:

Hi guy's,

Yes, gold is dropping fast, but I sold some of my finds with GP3500 & CT platypus, today - $500.00 - spot + 75% :P

I'm happy, happy, happy, and now have three buyers for future...

But, I sure hope gold stays around $500. range makes life alittle easier, when you got to move rock to make payday :blink:

P.S. Thanks Alan ;-)

Take care,

Ed

That's great Ed on your sales. Hope you get something you want to buy from it.

I notice that the inventory at Comex increased for the first time in a long time yesterday, so my timing is just about how it always is with me.. but the trend is down for inventory of silver anyway, probably gold too but I have just been watching the silver inventory. Now we can see what it will be in a week, month and longer from now.

Found this outside of Coulterville last weekend. weighs .4 pennyweight.

post-834-1150303430_thumb.jpg

That's great Ed on your sales. Hope you get something you want to buy from it.

I notice that the inventory at Comex increased for the first time in a long time yesterday, so my timing is just about how it always is with me..  but the trend is down for inventory of silver anyway, probably gold too but I have just been watching the silver inventory.  Now we can see what it will be in a week, month and longer from now.

Found this outside of Coulterville last weekend. weighs .4 pennyweight.

:D Nice nugget Acronn,

is that Coulterville, CA?

I was happy on the sell, first cash from GP3500 & Platpus coil, but gold was 650. when I found it, and below 600. when sold...

Your nugget, were you detecting?

I,m in water with mine, signal is soft in water and the holes are harder to dig. only sold 10.7 pennyweight...

Take care,

Ed

Great on your metal detecting Ed, I'm still looking for my first detected nugget..

Found that with a 2" dredge outside of Coulterville/Greeley Hill is closer - CA. in a bedrock crack, saw it come out and it never went into the nozzle. I am going to detect this area with my SD2200 next, some lead, much iron so it may or may not work out but I was surprised it was in very shallow bedrock and area is probably dry by now. I don't know how you can recover the signals in the creek, I tried it and the packed rocks and moving water and handful of detector was too much, after a couple of signals I gave up because I was going to lose a good target or waste way too much time on a bad signal. Need a basket scoop of some no metal type. I was also thinking gold sucker tube. For now, staying on dry land for detecting nuggets. I have detected lakes and beach areas in the water before with some success. Sandy soil is much easier than gold country creeks for water detecting, that's for sure. How do you detect in running water streams? Randy

Great on your metal detecting Ed, I'm still looking for my first detected nugget..

Found that with a 2" dredge outside of Coulterville/Greeley Hill is closer - CA. in a bedrock crack, saw it come out and it never went into the nozzle. I am going to detect this area with my SD2200 next, some lead, much iron so it may or may not work out but I was surprised it was in very shallow bedrock and area is probably dry by now.  I don't know how you can recover the signals in the creek, I tried it and the packed rocks and moving water and handful of detector was too much, after a couple of signals I gave up because I was going to lose a good target or waste way too much time on a bad signal. Need a basket scoop of some no metal type. I was also thinking gold sucker tube. For now, staying on dry land for detecting nuggets. I have detected lakes and beach areas in the water before with some success. Sandy soil is much easier than gold country creeks for water detecting, that's for sure. How do you detect in running water streams?  Randy

Hi Randy,

Its a handfull forsure, I'm using the Coiltec Platypus coil, found out that the inside edge of coil cover needs to be sealed, or it gets noisy. Also for recovery I use my sniping gear, screwdrivers, turkey bayster, a sniping scope 18" long to view under water, & hand faning, and cradle the detector with other arm, keep everthing in tool belt & use D ring to hold sniping scope on the belt for one handed access, feel like a juggeler :blink: at times.

Take care,

Ed

I forgot,

You use the water to your advatage in your favor, it helps to clear below your target, and allows your fanned matieral to move-out.

The signals are definant, but softer & spredout, underwater. "LAMAR", on this forum can explain why, its on the DD coil post. DetectorPro Blackwidow head phones are also a must, no creek noise to hear the gold;-)

P.S. I'll be gone mining for two weeks, leaving Saturday morning.

Take care,

Ed