Getting to Know My Lobo

well I went hunting yesterday and thought that Folsom lake would be a good place to learn things about my new used Lobo ST. Wow! The last time I was there it seemed to take a long time to get to the waters edge but this time it was right up there by the concession stands. I never seen it so full!

Just as soon as I got there I found a 64 rosie and for the next 4 hours I spent digging up clad and tons and tons of the older style pull tabs. You know the beaver tail kind. And what was strange was that so many were right there on top of the sand. Must have had some major erosion going on there!

well I left there and headed to a park were I spent more time getting to know the LoboST and in the process discovered some trinkets and my first ever gold ring!

That was my 6th ring I found with the Lobo so far and I had it for only a week now.

I wonder if those bolders near the Hazel St bridge would be a good place to nugget hunt. Right there by Folsom.

Well Corben, looks like your taking to that Lobo like a duck to water. ;) If you feel an area needs your attention, well if it's legal to hunt it, go for it. Just start posting your finds. We all like gold, but an old coin or ring, just as good. One might ask why, WELL BECAUSE you found it :lol:

Bob

Well Corben, looks like your taking to that Lobo like a duck to water. ;)  If you feel an area needs your attention, well if it's legal to hunt it, go for it. Just start posting your finds. We all like gold, but an old coin or ring, just as good. One might ask why, WELL BECAUSE you found it :lol:

Bob

Thank you Bob. I need to pick up some nugget hunting supplies before I venture off in search of the Mother Lode though. You know, picks and a decent backpack that can carry it all including my Lobo. Actually I plane on riding a MTN bike. My Landlord won't let me have a mule.

Corbin,

(hello to 29er from "MR POPULAR" :D )...

Your in a great area.I know of one Minelaber that found several finds in that area that would make anyone envious.Think about it....those are large goldfields that produced some MAJOR CHUNKS!If ya wanna know more feel free to PM me...you wont be sorry.

Good Luck,BIGFOOT

Thank you Bob. I need to pick up some nugget hunting supplies before I venture off in search of the Mother Lode though. You know, picks and a decent backpack that can carry it all including my Lobo. Actually I plane on riding a MTN bike. My Landlord won't let me have a mule.

Corben,

You might want to check out the Hermit Pick. It's a good pick. We have been using them for awhile, and they will take a beaten. We use them to dig the bedrock and the chalichi. I'm not sure, but I think Rob has them in his store.

Bob

Corbin,

(hello to 29er from "MR POPULAR" :D )...

Your in a great area.I know of one Minelaber that found several finds in that area that would make anyone envious.Think about it....those are large goldfields that produced some MAJOR CHUNKS!If ya wanna know more feel free to PM me...you wont be sorry.

Good Luck,BIGFOOT

Hey Bigfoot, you old dog you. How is it going? Man the heat caught up to us from the back side. We have started working nights. Much cooler and no BEE'S!

Bob

29prospector,

I was up in your neck of the woods yesterday. Stopped in 29 Palms for a bit.

Have a question for you. As you go westbound, through Lucerne Valley, across the valley to your left are some fairly large mines.

What were they/are they mining there. From a distance it looks like maybe Gypsum, Talc, Mica, Scheelite or something. Hard to tell at a distance.

Bob T.

29prospector,

I was up in your neck of the woods yesterday. Stopped in 29 Palms for a bit.

Have a question for you. As you go westbound, through Lucerne Valley, across the valley to your left are some fairly large mines.

What were they/are they mining there. From a distance it looks like maybe Gypsum, Talc, Mica, Scheelite or something. Hard to tell at a distance.

Bob T.

Bob T,

Right on all counts. I haven't been that way for a year or so, but they are still active. I believe that they are owned by U.S. Gypsum. Gypsum & Talc. Mica and Scheelite, I do not believe are involved.

Next time thru this way, let me know. We can go prospecting or just have coffee.

Bob

Corben,

You might want to check out the Hermit Pick. It's a good pick. We have been using them for awhile, and they will take a beaten. We use them to dig the bedrock and the chalichi. I'm not sure, but I think Rob has them in his store.

Bob

Wheres Rob's store?

Thanks 29,

Next time I'm over that way, will give you a shout. The mud is on me and maybe we can kick a couple out in some new ground somewhere.

Was running a little tight on time the other day as I wanted to get on over to the Old Woman and Turtle Mountains, couple things I wanted to look at in that area.

Bob T.

Thanks 29,

Next time I'm over that way, will give you a shout. The mud is on me and maybe we can kick a couple out in some new ground somewhere.

Was running a little tight on time the other day as I wanted to get on over to the Old Woman and Turtle Mountains, couple things I wanted to look at in that area.

Bob T.

Bob T,

Both sets of mountains are worth looking at. Just make sure that the areas you are in are not part of the Desert Protection Act :angry::lol: . My father prospected the old woman mountain with an old prospector by the name of Jack(?) Douglas. I believe he wrote the books, "Gold in placer", & "Gold in Lode". Didn't know much about the man because my father just didn't talk about him. I know that the man gave my father one of his drywashers.

Bob