Spys In Your Pan

Last night I found ANOTHER gold forum site where I discovered spyware running in the background(Bios) of my computer....this has happened before.I usually dont make a big deal out of it......but I am suprized to find out the difference of responses between actuall prospectors and webhosts(or website ownwers).I am not here trying to pimp a million dollar claim or talkin bs about how bitchin I am but am just making a simple observation of the masses of computer users/prospectors out there today.

I truly am suprized by the amount of "fight" produced by those older/seasoned prospectors with old school or old values compared to the younger generation of "who care's?" and spineless yuppies.

To each there own I guess.......I can bet which claim owner has had thier bedrock properly scraped cleaned....think I'll go work the "who cares" grounds and see how much of thier character has been highgraded as well.

BIGFOOT

I agree on the spyware. This is one of the reasons I wont participate in certain forums. Your being hacked and most people don't even know it. If your not running anti-spyware chances are you have it. It can make your computer act a little weird, run slow, usually referred to as malware.It amazes me that people think their getting hosting and sites for free. You create a website and get a bunch of members to join? under the ISP's conditions.The ISP's are useing you for a information gathering tool. Read the fine print. When you hit that I agree to the terms and conditions button, you may have also jumped in on the spyware express.In a round about way, sometimes difficult to understand, Its in their fine print. Most of the information is used for marketing. But there is something a little unnerving knowing someone is gathering and storing information about everywhere you go, everything you look at,Hackers also use similar programs to steal your personal information. The ISP's get paid for this.If you don't think so I recommend you go to Spybot and download it, its free. It not only finds and removes these little critters but will immunize your computer from further attacks. You will be amazed what it finds running in your computer that you don't even know about. And drop a dime or two donation if you can to the developer he puts in a lot of work keeping this software upgraded and free. I have been using this software for a long time. I had a lot of problems with my computer until I found out about this and started running this software. Clean them out, you'll be glad you did. And if you think I'm getting something out of this? your wrong. I have no agenda, I can say anything I want. I don't have to answer to anyone and I like it that way. :P Have a great day. AzNuggetBob ;)

GoldMember,

Do ya understand now?IF not,you will when you have a favorite diggin place claimed and/or stolen from ya....all they need is a picture or a picture with a place name...a email, etc. etc..

AzNuggetBob,

I like the same program...I use it as well.If you ever have Spybot come up with nothing AFTER scanning/searching your computer when its only been to a few gold forums online...your Spybot got replaced with a fake.Also pay attention to those forums/places that causes your Spybot to come up empty after a search as well.It does happen...occasionaly...even after constant updating where "something" or "somewhere" you've visited online causes the Bot to show NO FINDS...then its time to download another fresh Spybot program.Another good one is "ZoneLabs"...its not freeWare but it shuts out EVERYTHING you tell it to AND it teaches you how to operate it as you go or use your computer.I've even had a few hacker's and spy's SHUT DOWN(thier ISP cut off THIER service!)when ZoneLabs Hacker ID spotted them...even tells ya thier approx location.

Anyways...as far as these modern day HighGraders and rip offs go.......THERE ARE A TON of website's/pictures/articles that contain programs built INSIDE them that go into your BIOS/computer background WITHOUT being detected by the average Joe.Until you've had people,places and things stolen via the internet.......you may never understand the severity and importance of which I speak of here!My character has been attacked...private detecting places uncovered.......and the liars hang with the rip offs to gang up on ya like a bunch of wussys.

Why do the moderators&website managers put up with all the afore-mentioned BS??!!hhhhmmmmm?

Not having these programs that protect yourself&computer from spyware is just like running around out in the sticks without any "iron"!

Have a good one!

BIGFOOT

post-774-1173114557_thumb.jpg

Bigfoot As If cyber claim jumping wasn't bad enough did you read the post (on a new prospecting forum) about prospecting wars going on in Australia. according to the post a small prospector attempted to mail a plastic tube of maps with some of his prized patch locations marked on it to a close friend and it never arrived. A few weeks later a big mining company moved in to the exact locations he had marked on his lost maps and started mining it. Postal Piracy?You'll know the post when you find it. He made it sound like all hell was breaking loose between the small and large miners over there. Have you heard about this? He made it sound like small miners miners are really getting pushed out over there. Are you familiar with the Australian mining laws? I haven't read them lately but I don't think they've changed?I guess Its a lot like here, as far as the big boys against the small miners. AzNuggetBob

AzNuggetBob,

No,I'm not familiar with Aus Mining laws....I know a few that go there on occaision but thats about it.Send us a link to that David vs Goliath story...I wouldn't mind reading about it.

As far as PostalPiracy existing here and abroad...even though I'm not a conspiracy buff...I DO believe it occurs!Its another one of those "Control" things ya know what I mean?In other words its a very old ancient war tactic called "If we can get away with THIS...then we can do THAT!"For example; When I used to caretake at a Pocket Mine(last piece out of there took 3 men to lift it INTO the pick-up) one day some ass starts firing his gun AT the mine property(at buildings ,equipment etc.) to see IF HE COULD GET AWAY WITH IT.If nobody shouted back with yells and gunfire it would be "somewhat" safe to say nobody was living/caretaking there so he could later HighGrade Anything of value...but this wasnt the case.As it turned out I saw this man before in the area and I KNEW he was very familiar with the area... his BS excuse of "I didnt know there was any buildings around" IN PLAIN SITE OF PORTALS AND A MILL didnt fly ...and THAT he did!

Also I knew an ol gal that could never get the life or death meds (in the mail)she needed because the postal service wanted her OUT of town.......she was discriminated against and eventualy died because of no-where else to go,no friends,no family. The "other woman" that was the suspected source of the problem that ran the post office had her job relocated....so I guess it could happen on a larger scale.

If there are ways to mark/tag everything(just like internet info)for control(like BigBro)....to see who gets what where & when or why then ANY mail can be pirated for whatever the excuse.I dont think it happens all the time...but with these Legal(?) Homeland Security precautions I guess its safe to say "they" are gonna do whatever they want....like another VietNam!Dont get me wrong.......I love my country...just dont agree with the way its run sometimes.

BIGFOOT

I think I can find the post.Its on the new finders site.From what I got out of it, The poster was accusing goverment employees by name of selling out to the big mining companies. I'll take a look. AzNuggetBob

AzNuggetBob,

When I was working for Marshall Earth Resources at a GoldMine in Ione,Nevada as a MillWright/Welder 18 years ago...the mancamp had a similar David/Goliath story circulating that was never heard much of elsewhere.ONE lone prospector in that area(south of Austin,Nevada) had scraped and digged for many years TILL he got into his 60's...it was THEN he finaly found what he was lookin for...a very rich gold deposit(HardRock).From the sound of it...he made the mistake of letting others know in the bar he frequented but he never told anyone exactly WHERE he was working...but when he hit it big...allegedly the BLM MADE a way or figured out a way to legally(?) kick him off his own claims(his rich finds were at least claimed)to bring in a big mining outfit to take over.Supposedly he wasnt liked by some locals.IT WAS ALL STOLEN OUT FROM UNDERNEATH HIM.He ended up back in town on his last drunk showing off some of the HighGrade before he got SOO pisssed off and depressed that he commited suicide shortly there after.In this situation David wasnt wise to Goliaths "fingers".MANY MANY MANY companys and organizations haver their FINGERS out in the farthest corners of the world listening&reaching for Gold Information of any kind that they can benifit from......even if its "just a rumor"...let alone the real thing(So WATCH YOUR BACK HERE ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!).WITHOUT A DOUBT people do some VERY strange things just to get a glimpse of a dream that may never happen.......but in the blindness of GoldFever...ANYTHING can happen!

I imagine that this kind of thing has happened before in a different town or mining district MORE than just a couple of times.I KNOW of many events that actually took place where gold(gold:finds,rumors,nuggets,mines,claims etc.)was the root cause of many "ORE WARS".......its caused entire civilization's to be wiped out(genicide) so these modern day nightmares are NOT in the least bit a stretch of the imagination as far as being REAL.

ANYONE reading this that has been prospecting a few years can detest to that...(sh*t happens)...but IT happens MORE around this yellow stuff more than any other thing known to mankind.(newbies beware)

BIGFOOT

post-774-1173370906_thumb.jpg

Physico paranoia will drive you insane, not gold or others. Gold is just that, gold. People are just that people. Your own thoughts and paranoia is what will hurt you. Lotsa people have found good gold and have suffered no ill effects, including myself. Watch out for self fullfilling proficies, your mind controls you, not gold or others.

Dutchman,

Gold by itself is fine....when you add people (jerks)to it...things get screwed up sometimes.Paranoid I'm not...and I dont live in a perfect world either.Sure people find gold without hassles,spilled blood or guns....it happens...but NOT everywhere with everybody.Your opinions belong to the guy who got shot in the chest with a crossbow(and died)on the N.Fk. of the Yuba over 2 DWT.'s of gold!Tell it to ALL the folks who have been stolen from!(I guess all that "talk" about the Spanish invading South America was just a bunch of "hype" or paranoia as well).

As long as people exist ...sh*t will ALWAYS follow!Not ALL people are bad....and my proficy has some REAL GOLD AND SOME REAL PYRITE...and I know the difference between the two.The day I invent a candy coated existance is the day I have no proficy to fullfill........at least in reality.

Have a REAL good day!

BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT

My post was just a different way of looking at the world. Cautioning people about such insecure paranoid fear of others in the gold fields is about like cautioning people to wear their seat belts and helmets on the highway. I just don't like to anticipate a wreck when I pull out onto the highway, rather I just relax and drive. Likewise I just don't like to anticipate a screwball or nighmare in the goldfield, I just go there and pick up my gold and enjoy it.

Try to have a paranoid free day. :)

Bigfoot I think your right about the bar scene. In my younger days I used to spend a lot of time there. but without a doubt its were a lot of people hang to listen for any info on mining in the area. Many of the pro hunters use this tactic. I have seen it from Washington state to Mexico. The solution is real simple If its valuable to you, keep your mouth shut. I was going to suggest that prospectors keep their favorite places on plastic. I keep two computers a desktop and a laptop. I also burn the info on plastic for safe storage.I never plug the laptop into a phone jack if you know what I mean.... By the way I had a time release virus come in on a photo file cookie the other day right under my Norton anti-virus. Even though I scanned the photo before I downloaded it! It waited for three days and as soon as I opened it, it took off. I managed to trash it before it did very much damage. The visual effects on the monitor were great. Anyway As far as protecting your claims keep up your paper work with the BLM and the county. There's a lot of people out there waiting for a mistake on your mining claim assessments.Its not a matter of being paranoid, its just being smart. ;)

AzNuggetBob

Dutchman,

LOLOLOL!WHO said I was paranoid?!!Where!??When???!How did you know that??!(I know what ya mean man!).

AzNuggetBob,

Ya got that right!A month ago I had some mining journals Ripped Off.......but they (whoever) are in for a big suprize...I NEVER recorded places,dates or findings!(boy am I gonna be up Shet Creek when Alzhiemer's sets in!But at least I will have forgoten the whole Rip Off thing.)You burnt to plastic?I wonder IF there is a way to TAP into a computer via wireless means?hhhhhhmmm Ya think the computers transmit info through the air?hhhhhmmmm...........Well life is too short to worry about it...but when I find out it can be done...I know of some creeks with high mica content to note...and note again........then note in cryptic's then coded and recoded into a backwards retarded kinda coding after my dog re-reads then barks twice after his paws decipher the rest in canine brail!LOLOLOL!!!(maybe not?)!Hey it can happen!

BIGFOOT

post-774-1173411723_thumb.jpg

Hey Bigfoot I may be struggling with that now (Alzhiemer's) I put most of my favorite places on topo's years ago just in case so I would not forget, Hmmmmm lets see were did I put the topo's?????? Hmmmmmm :huh:

AzNuggetBob