LSD Cripple Nugget Find

Yo All...Been pretty much out of the loop for 3 weeks due to a back injury that flared up after 47 years...When I was 14 I took a running leap over a home swimming pool diving board, and hit the bottom at the shallow end, upside down...My legs came over my back and I ended up on crutches for a few months..That was 47 years ago...That old injury has finally caught up with me again and my leg is messed up to the point I can't bend over to dig a target...However, I decided today that I just have to keep going for it and these past weeks off of my normal daily quest for the gold are not acceptable...

So today, I got out to the LSD, carefully unloaded my 3-wheel scooter and started a slow cruise, looking for a level spot to beep that wouldn't compromise my spine and leg....I was putting slowly down the LSD road and came upon a nice little 2' Joe NoShoulders crossing the road in front of me...He/She was a mellow coontail with a definite goal in mind across the road...I just chilled and watched, after a little talk about the weather and such with it....Then I started looking where the snake was headed...It was going to an area of maybe 100 yards square that I've driven buy thousands of times but never investigated...

So I headed on up behind the rattler and immediately saw a small depression in front of me...I went a few more yards and came upon a very heavily worked flat with a long row of old timer workings...I hopped off the scooter and explored a bit...Tons of very old flattened out workings without a detector dig in sight!!! Nobody worked that hard without results, I figured, so I pulled out my sd2100 with my NF9x5 coil (still protecting my back) ... The ground was that ugly whiteish gray tha you don't generally associate with gold...However, I started getting targets, all bullets, and discovered that 3 or 4 inches beneath the shallow white/gray layer there was deep red clay type dirt...Almost every few feet produced a target of some sort, lots of very old lead and cow aluminum...Still not a sign of any beepster anywhere...

Shortly, I got another good signal at the edge of a very weathered down tailing pile...Right on the target was one of my LSD "Uncle Ron's Lucky Rocks"....I whacked the ground with my Hermit pick and in just one impact I saw the target literally leap out of the ground....I immediately realized a nice nugget...Turned out to be this 1.1 Gram beauty...I pretty much backed off, having got my nugget bone rubbed and all, plus I was in extreme hip and leg pain and just couldn't do it any more...But I will be back to that amazing spot...I am convinced it has never been beeped despite the fact that if you have ever gone to LSD you have driven within 25 yards of an amazing old timers'workings, like me, without knowing it was there....Cheers, Yer Crippled Up Unc in the Dubyah

right on ron, like they say its hard to keep a good man down. one of the things that i like most about the az is you can always find something you never seen before, it kind of amazes me the way things can look different at different angles and at different times of the day. take care TooL heres something you all of probaly heard before, a poem by robert service the cremation of sam mcgee its about the ole miners up north way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lBkuz1TlVc

Still can't bend over, but I headed out to the LSD yesterday afternoon to continue on the Hidden Patch I found Tuesday with the good help of Joe NoShoulders...Bolted on my good ol' trusty NF 14" Mono and had at'er...I found a ton of trash, bullets, even an old file that was used on filing points on old rigs...After a couple hours I got a good soft signal that turned out to be the Skunk Beater...Only 0.2 grams, but it'll put the skunk's eye out if'n you fling it just right...There's a clue to the location in the scenic dirt photo...Cheers, Yer Reuperatin' Unc in the Dubyah

Hey Ron,

Nice gold.

Been awhile since I been over there, kind of forgot what the country really looks like. You could have at least got on top of that ridge and took a 180 of the country, just to remind me how beautiful it really is over there. :unsure:

Not to worry, I know that your down and out and can't get around very well so I been keeping an eye on your patches, just to make sure that no one high-grades them. :rolleyes:;)

Bob T.

Thanks, Bob...I really appreciate the guard duty... :lol: ...I headed back out late yesterday and put a few more hours trying to bend over and dig bullets and wire...No gold, but I found still another area that's close to the hidden patch that was really worked hard by the old timers...Sort of one continuous tailing pile that the old guys thoughtfully covered with little bits of wire... :rolleyes: ... Cheers, Unc

• 2 weeks later...
Still can't bend over, but I headed out to the LSD yesterday afternoon to continue on the Hidden Patch I found Tuesday with the good help of Joe NoShoulders...Bolted on my good ol' trusty NF 14" Mono and had at'er...I found a ton of trash, bullets, even an old file that was used on filing points on old rigs...After a couple hours I got a good soft signal that turned out to be the Skunk Beater...Only 0.2 grams, but it'll put the skunk's eye out if'n you fling it just right...There's a clue to the location in the scenic dirt photo...Cheers, Yer Reuperatin' Unc in the Dubyah

How ya doin Ron, Looks like a strong patch, Alright ya got me thinkin, Judgin by the high ash content in the soil, angular rocks, hill shapes, bushes, Creosote, cat claw, Im goin to guess east Turtleback, South Constellation.The burg. By the way does that hill in the background have a white cross on top? B) AzNuggetBob

There is only one problem, there are no nuggets were this photo was taken ;)

:lol::lol: AzNuggetBob

How ya doin Ron, Looks like a strong patch, Alright ya got me thinkin, Judgin by the high ash content in the soil, angular rocks, hill shapes, bushes, Creosote, cat claw, Im goin to guess east Turtleback, South Constellation.The burg. By the way does that hill in the background have a white cross on top? B) AzNuggetBob

There is only one problem, there are no nuggets were this photo was taken ;)

:lol::lol: AzNuggetBob

Hi Ron, I was kiddin ya about no nuggets there. :D I know were LSD is. I have been huntin that area for years, But it is a very big area and Im sure there is still "alot" of gold left. ;) Take care AzNuggetBob

Hey Bob...Yep, it's LSD alright...There's no gold there anymore...Since last week...Those were the last five nuggets.... ... I went out yesterday afternoon and confirmed it ... Still hobbling around...Lengthened the handle of my Hermit Pick...Makes a good cane....Think I'm getting addicted to Vicodin... B) ... Look forward to running into you out there or at the Hill...Cheers, Ron

Hey Ron , You know the next wash just to the east of LSD The one that was commercially mined with the cone shape piles for about a mile? I worked for the company that mined that in the 80's We took alot of gold out of that wash. The majority of the gold was in the bottom and on the benches or in pot holes in the caliche, but if you look were we scraped down the ridges in about three spots, that's were some of the sources were. But I think there were other sources. I hunted in there for years after the company quit. I found gold almost every time I went there but it got harder and harder. There is a lot of volcanic hot rocks, drove my gold bug crazy. I only hunted in there a couple times with my Minelab which helped but being the die hard mono fan that I am, a double-d would have been a better choice. I think there is some speci pieces in the cone piles and up on the ridges. We found a lot of speci pieces in the plant up to the screen size. I tried to hunt the piles but there full of junk also. The old timers worked that wash first and they left a lot of relics... If you had the patience, I think it would pay off. ;) Anyway as Im sure you probably know,that is just one spot. There is gold all over LSD. Take Care, B) AzNuggetBob B)

Yo, Bob, Yep, I've hunted that area hard for a few bits here and there...Buncha trash and blade shavings...Can't hardly hunt it on a day the nose gnats are bad...Combined trash and gnats can make a guy go nuts....At least that's my excuse... :lol::lol::lol: Cheers, Ron