Pulse Devil Release?

Hi JW,

I just talked to Dave a few minutes ago and it will still be a couple of weeks before the PD is released and sent to people in OZ. He will follow the units over a week or so later.

He is just finishing up all the requirements needed because of the battery change. As I mentioned in a previous post, there was a problem with insurance if he used Li Ion batteries, so he had to change to a different type. This change required a new internal power supply be designed.

He assured me he will let me know when all things are final and units are released.

Reg

JW

You can get the batteries to pass if you are willing to pay the higher insurance fees. The fact that Li Ion batteries can explode and have caused serious injuries does cause insurance companies to be concerned. The difference in cost of insurance between using Li Ion and other batteries is staggering, especially here in the US where everybody likes to sue for some reason.

The cost was more than Dave was willing to tackle at this time. He would rather have people upset that there is another delay rather than spend thousands of dollars more than needed just because of batteries. As he has mentioned before, he is a one man operation and all expenses are on him.

Reg

Ah, insightful as to why the ML GPX is so darn expensive... :huh:

I don't know how the little guys (one man teams) do it, being a little guy myself it is tough to compete price-wise with large manufacturers... Typically end up doing custom stuff to set my product above the mass produced products...

Keep pushing the envelope!!!! :rolleyes:

HH

JW

Hi all,

Well, if you have been following the POZ forum, you will have noticed a couple of new things about the PD that weren't known before. One important item that has been under wraps for a while is a new model, called the Nemesis.

I was asked to keep quiet about it when Dave decide to go forward with the new design. So, the original PD will be available plus a lower priced unit about the same time.

If things go right, Dave indicated some units will be shipped to OZ in a couple of weeks. Lets hope all goes well.

One other item mentioned is Dave has a major manufacturer lined up to build the units, so once things get ramped up, production should be available quickly.

Reg