Found Tool for prospecting

That was my tool alright....I was on the Kern many times as a youth, damn near drowned over a falls on the upper Kern, but distinctly remember dropping my special "church key" which I also used for sniping Oly & nuggets...Please give it back :lol: ....Thanks in advance...(PS...a photo would be useful...) Cheers, Unc

did you get the can of coins that was underneath it too. I found some old coins, some gold, and set my tool on top of the can and some dang rock rolled over onto it. too heavy to move, no winch, or no road nearby. maybe the past earthquake moved it out of the way.

there's actually some pretty good nugget placer ground on both sides of the road going up to lake isabella, though there seems to be more hits down towards bodfish, trending towards Caliente and Keene. the other site is west of lake isabella on a flank of mountain. and if the water is low, you might want to check out the old mining town of kernville.

If gas isn't a problem, take the road down towards woody, but somewhere near the rock quarry, look for a road that heads north. old channel gold mines up that road.