new guylooking for help/advice

hi i am new to the sport and live in minnesota and with all the makes and models not real sure what to look for i will be mostly hitting beaches parks and old farm sites butt would like too try some nugget hunting as well i am looking to spend around 500 and considering buying used ANY help ideas or advice is greatly appreciated THANX

hi i am new to the sport and live in minnesota and with all the makes and models not real sure what to look for i will be mostly hitting beaches parks and old farm sites butt would like too try some nugget hunting as well i am looking to spend around 500 and considering buying used ANY help ideas or advice is greatly appreciated THANX

Check out the treasure depote there are a lot of good deals there all the time. I like the Fisher myself for coin shooting. For $500 bucks you should be able to get a good machine or the Whites MXT is another good one too.

Thanks for the reply i have been looking at the whites and the minelabs unfortunately our only detector dealer here in mankato m.n. only carries bounty hunter and the only model they they stock is the tracker iv so i dont get alot to chose from locally so i guess its keep looking and doing homework thanks again

goalie1,

Watch the classifieds on this and the other gold forums, there are good deals on detectors every day, right now in my local newspaper the "Wickenburg Sun" there is a "New" Goldbug II for $500 with all asseroires for sale. The paper is on line, look it up and give the guy a call! I turn down good deals on MineLabs often ( I have one.)

• 1 month later...

If you are looking to coin detect mostly and do a little prospecting with it I would suggest an X-terra 70 I have seen them around for about 500.00 used. check out the find mall classifides I always see them there also I think Gerry in Idaho has a used one for 450.00 he had posted in his used detector list. It is a good machine. and when you buy a new Minelab in tyhe future this machine will make a great back up. I use the Explorer SE for coins and the GP for nuggets but I like the X-Terra if I dont want to pack alot of equipment, It is super light and I have detected gold with the gold coil that wouldnt even register on my scale. Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

Try ebay for a used EXTERA 70 or 705 or finds treasure forum Also a used Whites MXT OR DFX also the Fisher Gold BUG II or a Whites GMT kellyco has a used one for sale on there site ,the Gold bug and Whites are gold machines only so if you are looking for an all around detector you can't really go wrong with the MInelab or Whites ..

Happy Hunting

Rick :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...