has anyone tried southdakota/blackhills

That's a good question. I thought maybe someone would answer or several someones. I think Montana Bob lived up in Wyoming for a few years so he might reply. They say to find gold go where gold has been found and it was found there. I don't know but a lot of that area may be Indian reservation and I don't know the laws up in that area. Sounds like a good summer prospecting/detecting area. Hopefully some replies will come in.

Goalie1. I have never detected there but have run into snowbirds in Arizona in the winter who spend there summers in that area. They usually have a few Blackhills nuggets to show off. I've never seen a large one from there but it seems that 2 gram pieces aren't unusual. Yes there are detectable nuggets there for sure.----Bob

thanks for the response i am very new to all of this and looks like i have some homework to do and being from southern minn.it is within my gas budget as it looks like i wont be doing the two week canada kayak trip this year any help hints or tips are greatly appreciated thanks again