More Nuggets

Well Lucky and I went today. We did pretty good we keep going to this patch in hopes of finding a big one but hasn't yet. Rick said that he liked his new pick so I took mine out today to see how it would do. I did like he did and put bat tape so it didn't rattle my hands. It was a slow day the first hole that Lucky dug was the depth of my scoop which has to be about 12" and sure enough there was a nugget wedged in the clay and bedrock. After a good part of the day Rick kept saying "Hey Jeff I got another one" and I was still carrying this big skunk on my back. So I went down to a area that was full of dig holes and thought I would see if we missed any. Then in about a 20 yard little run I picked up three little dinks. It was a fun day and the all metal pick worked great. I know a lot of people had there thoughts that she wouldn't work but didn't effect the detector at all unless you set it to close to the hole to recover your target. Here are some pictures Rick put a hurt on me today as far as weight and numbers went but I got the skunk off my back and got to go detecting with a great buddy, couldn't ask for a better day.

Picture370.jpg

Picture369.jpg

Picture371.jpg

NuggetSlayer,

I'm glad you got the skunk off your back and late in the game too! Try what I did this morning, leave a good target to dig the next morning...glad it was a gold target. It does help you relax when the skunk is gone early. Thanks for lunch!

LuckyLundy