new to the forum

hello everyone, i have been involved in prospecting for a long time. either dredging, dry banking. and i own a whites 5900 di pro, awesome coin shooter. i just purchased a minelab gp 3000. it is awesome. i haven't found anything but junk yet. but i'm getting boot tacks 18" deep. found a lot of lead. i've purchased instructional tapes on gold nugget shooting. watched them twice so far. purchased unleashing the gp3000. that was exciting. is there any hints you can give me. i live in lodi, california. i am in the heart of the motherlode. all the videos i have watched deal with the desert. what about around streams and rivers. how do you attack tailings from the bucketline dredgers. and one of the most important questions i have is can you use the same booster and speaker combo for 4000 on a 3000?

Hi,

Welcome to the forums!

I use a 3000 with booster twin speaker setup. I don't know what you have but I'll say yes if it plugs in it will work.

I'd hit the cobb piles with a med sized mono coil if that was too noisy switch to the stock DD coil. Work slow and ground balance often. And get a HipStick (from Rob) cuz I need the $ :).

that will help alot on cobb piles it lets you choke up on the detecter shaft as you go up steep piles.

nvchris

post-573-1234847049_thumb.jpg

Harvey,

Originally I'm from a town that when I was a kid (early 50's and 60's), Lodi was about 14-16 miles away. Today I understand Stockton and Lodi are almost together. I now live in Colorado and haven't been back to California since 1964. I sure wished I had taken up prospecting when I was a kid deep in the motherlode. I can only speak about the tailings I have come across in the areas around Leadville, Breckenridge and Cripple Creek. I originally went through the tailings with my Fisher Goldbug 2 for the gold that's near the surface, then raked the tailings out and did the process again. Now that I have a minelab SD2200V2, I plan to go over the same tailings with the hopes of find the deeper gold I missed the first and second times. A fellow that has been a great assist for me is Gerry McMullen who owns a metal detector shop in Boise Idaho and has well over 30 years experience; his email address is [email protected], & his phone number is 208-345-8898; Tell him Pat Watters from Colorado told you about him; I'm sure he can put you onto someone that lives in your area. He has a wealth of knowledge and only metal detects. If he can't help you, I don't know who can. Pick his brain! That's what I did for well over a year before I finally bought my minelab from him.

Pat

hello everyone, i have been involved in prospecting for a long time. either dredging, dry banking. and i own a whites 5900 di pro, awesome coin shooter. i just purchased a minelab gp 3000. it is awesome. i haven't found anything but junk yet. but i'm getting boot tacks 18" deep. found a lot of lead. i've purchased instructional tapes on gold nugget shooting. watched them twice so far. purchased unleashing the gp3000. that was exciting. is there any hints you can give me. i live in lodi, california. i am in the heart of the motherlode. all the videos i have watched deal with the desert. what about around streams and rivers. how do you attack tailings from the bucketline dredgers. and one of the most important questions i have is can you use the same booster and speaker combo for 4000 on a 3000?

Hi,

Welcome to the forums!

I use a 3000 with booster twin speaker setup. I don't know what you have but I'll say yes if it plugs in it will work.

I'd hit the cobb piles with a med sized mono coil if that was too noisy switch to the stock DD coil. Work slow and ground balance often. And get a HipStick (from Rob) cuz I need the $ :).

that will help alot on cobb piles it lets you choke up on the detecter shaft as you go up steep piles.

nvchris

post-573-1234847049_thumb.jpg

thank nvchris, i will get one of those. i did my first detectiing with my minelab in nevada. out by lovelock