Replacing Cloth on a Keene 151 Drywasher

If Keene doesn't tell you, plan on using a few tek lath screws, and washers, along with a double thickness of double knit material (easier air flow, not durable for more than several months, or use canvas or muslin in a single thickness, which is more durable. experiment for best results.

You may have to improvise a clamping mechanism to hold the material fully against the riffle bottoms, such as using half round lengths of alum or flat steel, through which holes the screws will pass, and thread into the frame (points will be sticking up through the riffles).

That's what I did with mine years ago. maybe keene has some sort of replacement kit available (they didn't before).

lotsa luck

DD...There's a special cloth that you can get from Keene's or from Lifestyles Prospecting to replace it...It has an electrostatic property that is important on the 151....I've got a few sheets someplace but don't think I can find it easily among all my prospecting and mining stuff...Best is to contact John at Lifestyles Store...As far as the procedure, just pay attention to how you remove the old cloth and reverse it...Cheers, Unc