Parts for a gold dredge???

Hi,

I recently purchased some parts at a pawn shop in WA state for either a dredge or i believe power sluice. I paid 300 dollars so i believe i got a good deal on these parts but am not sure. the package came with a keene A51 sluice with small pvc frame with water holes, 3.5hp briggs and stratton engine and pacer pump both barely used, a couple hoses(one long flat blue, and 2 inch clear with classifier on the end, and another small 12 volt pump. I believe i need another suction hose and nozzle, frame, and pontoons. Is there anything else i would need to make this dredge? the only thing i have ever done was panning and sluicing.

Thanks again, any help would be great

Ryan

p.s. it is a 2 inch

post-28194-1236113829_thumb.jpg

post-28194-1236113941_thumb.jpg

post-28194-1236113975_thumb.jpg

post-28194-1236113987_thumb.jpg

post-28194-1236113999_thumb.jpg

post-28194-1236114009_thumb.jpg

amen to fixing the pictures to jpeg!!!

sounds to me what you got was a highbanker, rather than a dredge. a pacer pump is likely a trash pump, allowing you to pump dirty, silty water, some small gravel okay, without ruining the system. while the collapsible hose will work for outflow, you'd be looking at rigid PVC hose for intake into the pump.

You could convert something like this to dredging, but the pump is used only for water delivery. you'd have to get a jacuzzi nozzle (has a u-shaped tube that the delivery hose attaches to) and another hose for the dredging part (look at some dredge pictures). If you don't have experience with this sort of deal, best to buy a complete dredge system new and work out the bugs and technique first, before building one from a highbanker.

fix the pictures and we'll all see what you have, precisely...

yep, its a sluice converted to a highbanker. the rigid pvc hose (clear & white) is the suction supply hose which has a quick connect to the trash pump, and the blue falt hose is the outlet that feeds the water bar that wets the dirt and gets it moving down the sluice.

Technically, the intake hose will allow the pump to lift water 12-15 feet, and the output will allow it to go up another 15 to 20 feet. The critical part is to place the the sluice at the right pitch so as to allow optimum recovery of gold and heavy particles. the advantage to using a highbanker is that you'll work areas that are practically virgin. rivers wear the wash areas downward, and just as much gold gets caught up in heavy gravels left high and dry, as in the current wash areas; the main difference is that the stream areas are overworked because they are easy to get to.

If everything works on your setup, you probably got your money's worth. the electric pump allows you to run clean water over the riffles during cleanup after shutting off the main feed from the trash pump. run all the debris into a 5-gallon bucket, and have a couple of extra 5's with water where you can wash out the rolled up rugs and miners' moss. For another $300, get a desert fox to make cleanup and recovery vastly easier and more efficient.

Extra equipment: air filters, gas filter, sparkplug, oil, starting fluid, wd-40, two shovels, wheelbarrow, concrete steel stakes, a few 2x's wood say 2 feet or less in length, wood wedges, lanterns, 3 or more pair of good gloves, rubber boots, dry socks, a couple of empty bottles (priming the pump, etc.), first aid kit, some pain meds, and a cooler with some cold beer when things don't or do work out and you need a break; and a lawn chair or something, and toilet paper. also don't forget the vials and containers for the larger gold. if you see it and can pick it up with your fingers, do it right now or risk losing it forever!