It is just really sad to see...

Dredging to detecting is a move that changes how and where gold is looked for. But one thing remains constant. Gold is generally found in the places that it has been found by earlier prospectors. Another thing to certainly note is 5% of detectorist find 95% of the gold. I am certainly not in that rarified 5% group, but I am pretty good at being near upper end of the rest of the 95%. Patience, great equipment and having great partners are certainly a key elements to success.

What a little whining cry baby!!!!! Most of the people on this forum did not even have the use of these forums when they found their first nuggets. Instead of whining like a big baby- you should be spending your time doing your own research on the geology and mining methods in your own area. Then get out in the field and hunt, hunt, hunt!!!!! No one is going to lead you by the hand and show you were all the gold is. Some of us took over a year or more to find the first nugget and you're not going to learn anything by whining about it.

Gerald

Wow Gerald a light just came on when I read your post of wisdom! :angry:

I had not thought of that until just now. <_<

Just a tip before you slam someone for the next time you need to let out some anger. Don't!

I have been at this a very long time.

If you had read through the post you would know what my rant was over it has nothing to do with someone holding my hand to guide me to the gold. I simply asked how others take the approach to a new area when they arrive ON ANOTHER TOPIC.

El Darodo,

Yes that is a fact it seems like 5% get the gold for sure! I will keep at it. I am trying to forget my dredging ways and try new spots. Thanks