Saturdays outing....

decent gold allright, just a lot of effort to get it. perhaps get an electric jackhammer with a generator. Assuming that you went to Johnnie area over by the congress mine, the deepest hole there is but a small nick in the placer producing ground there.

Beside the volcanics on the west side of the highway, there's also a lot of nuggets found in the slates on the eastern side, for which it will pay to carry sniping tools. There are those that think the Lost Breyfogle Mine is really what became the Johnnie Mine.

decent gold allright, just a lot of effort to get it. perhaps get an electric jackhammer with a generator. Assuming that you went to Johnnie area over by the congress mine, the deepest hole there is but a small nick in the placer producing ground there.

Beside the volcanics on the west side of the highway, there's also a lot of nuggets found in the slates on the eastern side, for which it will pay to carry sniping tools. There are those that think the Lost Breyfogle Mine is really what became the Johnnie Mine.

Hey supper nice to meet yuh m8....Iv only been going up that way for around a year now and tend to stick to same place as its been good so fare, I dont know the area that well yet but learning all the time and any hints and tricks always welcome here or throw a privet message....And your right iv herd lots of old timers here say the same thing about the johnnie and breyfogle mine being the same, Iv spoke to a old timer who is probs one of last still liveing close buy and he is 100% sure of it and im sure he would know cos he has lived here close to the johnnie for some 80 years now......and alot of parts iv hunted in has come from him...

good hunting to you....

kc goldbug2