Nice Day in the Vultures...Gold & Artifacts

Yo All ... I had a particularly enjoyable day in AZ's awesome Sonoran Desert today...Gold, artifacts and adventure ... There's an area I've been putting by for several years that for some reason I just didn't tackle ... The mineralization looked good, but I knew it was going to be a fair hike in ... So today I took off to the top of the mountain to see what was on the other side...On Google Earth, it looked interesting...Lots of red dirt and colorful mineralization ... When I got to the top of the ridge, the first thing I saw was a matate and mano, sitting there on the ground just the way the Indian left it hundreds or maybe a couple thousand years ago ... That gave me a good feeling about the area ... I hooked up ol' Baboo with the NF 14" DD XP I've been using exclusively the past couple weeks and headed down into a semi-steep drainage ... Only a couple hundred feet down I got my first signal ... It was faint and more up on the side of the gully than actually in the gut ... But there it was .. A nice little .7 gram smooth beauty with no rock in it ... Further down, about another 100' I got a screamer right in the middle of the gut and packed down in some hard red material ... This one was the biggest for the day at 2.3 grams and solid gold ... Another smooth waterworn nugget in an area of angular sharp rocks...Puzzling ... Down the gulch just another 5' I got another signal...1.2 grams ... all of them were water worn and totally different than the gold I've found within a two mile radius of this spot ... Puzzling .... So here's some pix of nuggets, finds and the Indian goodies... As I was coming out of the mountains, I almost had a head on with a guy on a quad who was the first of about seven or eight older guys driving like banshees on a gulch... When I got down to where the truck was and talked to the sheriffs, it turned out one of those older guys flipped his quad and had to be airlifted out to a Phoenix hospital...It's sure getting to be that time of the year that a guy needs to stick to the back trails to keep from getting run over by snowbirds!!! ...Other than that, Great day in the big AZ... Cheers, Unc

Attached thumbnail(s)

Yo All ... I had a particularly enjoyable day in AZ's awesome Sonoran Desert today...Gold, artifacts and adventure ... There's an area I've been putting by for several years that for some reason I just didn't tackle ... The mineralization looked good, but I knew it was going to be a fair hike in ... So today I took off to the top of the mountain to see what was on the other side...On Google Earth, it looked interesting...Lots of red dirt and colorful mineralization ... When I got to the top of the ridge, the first thing I saw was a matate and mano, sitting there on the ground just the way the Indian left it hundreds or maybe a couple thousand years ago ... That gave me a good feeling about the area ... I hooked up ol' Baboo with the NF 14" DD XP I've been using exclusively the past couple weeks and headed down into a semi-steep drainage ... Only a couple hundred feet down I got my first signal ... It was faint and more up on the side of the gully than actually in the gut ... But there it was .. A nice little .7 gram smooth beauty with no rock in it ... Further down, about another 100' I got a screamer right in the middle of the gut and packed down in some hard red material ... This one was the biggest for the day at 2.3 grams and solid gold ... Another smooth waterworn nugget in an area of angular sharp rocks...Puzzling ... Down the gulch just another 5' I got another signal...1.2 grams ... all of them were water worn and totally different than the gold I've found within a two mile radius of this spot ... Puzzling .... So here's some pix of nuggets, finds and the Indian goodies... As I was coming out of the mountains, I almost had a head on with a guy on a quad who was the first of about seven or eight older guys driving like banshees on a gulch... When I got down to where the truck was and talked to the sheriffs, it turned out one of those older guys flipped his quad and had to be airlifted out to a Phoenix hospital...It's sure getting to be that time of the year that a guy needs to stick to the back trails to keep from getting run over by snowbirds!!! ...Other than that, Great day in the big AZ... Cheers, Unc

Attached thumbnail(s)

Nice gold Ron, Sure wish that we had talked before I waisted 4 days in Stanton. You sure know where to find the nice ones around Wickenburg. Silver Dog