GP 3000 - How I Carry on My Quad

Hello,

A few weeks back, I asked for ideas on how you transport your metal detector on your quad. Thank you Shep, Rob and a couple of others out there for giving me your ideas. All were great ideas, but I decided to go with something a little different. I built mine out of 3/4" solid wood just large enough to nestle my GP 3000. I lined it with foam for safe transport and dove tailed two groves on the lid to ensure when it is strapped down on the quad, it solidly secure.

Yes, I probably could of saved some money and bought something already made, but hell, making it from scratch was a lot of fun !!!!

post-24989-126557950899_thumb.jpg

post-24989-126557953855_thumb.jpg

post-24989-126557956617_thumb.jpg

post-24989-126557957626_thumb.jpg

Hello,

A few weeks back, I asked for ideas on how you transport your metal detector on your quad. Thank you Shep, Rob and a couple of others out there for giving me your ideas. All were great ideas, but I decided to go with something a little different. I built mine out of 3/4" solid wood just large enough to nestle my GP 3000. I lined it with foam for safe transport and dove tailed two groves on the lid to ensure when it is strapped down on the quad, it solidly secure.

Yes, I probably could of saved some money and bought something already made, but hell, making it from scratch was a lot of fun !!!!

Hello Desert digger...man what a nice setup..I wish I had something like that! Awesome padded box to carry the BIG GUN sort of speak! Thing of beauty! Thanks for sharing!!! Guido...