Strange find

Out and about in the desert today. Found the usual bullets except the following in the enclosed pictures. I saw

this truck from afar and drove right up to it since the hood was up I

thought someone was in real trouble about a hard half a mile from the freeway

off ramp. As I got closer it looked more like an abandon truck...well walked

up to it, no bodies or bullet holes, but they beat the hell out if it that's

for sure. It looked like it was vandalized and left out there for a week or

so. It was relatively clean on the outside. The battery was removed, all

tires flat, most panels have an impact on it, all windows smashed, engine

compartment relay box rip apart, something impacted the engine air filter

area, back seat gone, front bumper and grill ripped out, rear bumper

tailgate gone. I decided to call 911 since I could not get a non-emergency

number. I talked to the 911 operator and I read to her the plate number and

she said, this vehicle is stolen! I had to wait for the cops to come...After he saw it he thought it was most likely a insurance fraud case. Weird things you find in the desert!

post-21178-127035388668_thumb.jpg

post-21178-12703539007_thumb.jpg

I agree with the deputy, most likely insurance fraud. There is no other good reason to tear it up like that and dump it. If it was simply stolen and used in a crime it would have been dumped and not so methodically vandalized and ditched so far out. Hard times and someone wants to get away from their payments and responsibilities. A lot of men ditch their kids for this very same reason.

I agree with the deputy, most likely insurance fraud. There is no other good reason to tear it up like that and dump it. If it was simply stolen and used in a crime it would have been dumped and not so methodically vandalized and ditched so far out. Hard times and someone wants to get away from their payments and responsibilities. A lot of men ditch their kids for this very same reason.

Whoever did it drove the truck 50 miles away from Las Vegas and .5 miles into the desert around a large hill where they could not be seen. Pretty sad case all they way around. This is why insurance rates are up. When I started to walk up to it off the jeep trail I was getting nervous when I saw a small hole in front of the drives seat position. Guido

post-21178-12703986941_thumb.jpg