Dan Hughes... Jim Straight here...

I was reading the May & June Treasure Hunter's Gazette. I believe you were were a recipiant of a special award back

in 1999. :)

Shucks. You mean this little ol' thing?

halloffameav.jpg

(I was gonna say, "You love me! You really LOVE me!" but I thought that might be a bit tacky.)

--Dan

Well, I tried to ask a polite question...

...and I appreciated it, John! Thought I was giving you a light touch of humor back; sorry if I fell flat.

Was there an article in the magazine, or a list of all recipients, or what?

Thanks again,

Best,

---Dan

Okay no problem... Maybe you were embarassed?

The others that were inducted with you were Dayne Chaistain, Al Dubiel, Frank Lawson and Paul Tainter. I just thought I would let you know about the list... It was published in the No. 150, May & June 2010 Treasure Hunter's Gazette.

The first year for the awards was in 1994... The inductees were Charlie Kowalski, Don Wilson, Jack Lowry, Dick Stout and Mike Race

You were inducted in 1999. There were no inductees in 1009. Three were inducted in 2010.

Okay no problem... Maybe you were embarassed?

The others that were inducted with you were Dayne Chaistain, Al Dubiel, Frank Lawson and Paul Tainter. I just thought I would let you know about the list... It was published in the No. 150, May & June 2010 Treasure Hunter's Gazette.

The first year for the awards was in 1994... The inductees were Charlie Kowalski, Don Wilson, Jack Lowry, Dick Stout and Mike Race

You were inducted in 1999. There were no inductees in 1009. Three were inducted in 2010.

Not embarrassed at all, John - very proud and humbled. I was thinking that Fred Wagner was inducted the same year I was. He and I both were associate editors for Treasure Quest magazine back then. He was also the inventor/manufacturer of the Tinytec pinpointer, and a great guy.

Paul Tainter (another '99 inductee) has recently returned to the ranks; he wrote me a month or two back. A real letter, with a stamp on it! I didn't know anybody did it that way anymore.

Anyway, I am proud and honored to be mentioned in the same breath as those two legends.

Thanks again,

---Dan Hughes