Drywashers

I bought a Keene Vibrostatic Dry Washer for use on the Australian Goldfields but I've seen prospectors in Nevada (US) use them to good effect. One chap I saw was getting over an ounce per every 3 days or so. The recovery rate on the newer machines is higher than many sluices due in part to the capture method used (riffles and air pressure plus the electrostatic charge). I'll try to put a video together the next chance I get but I'm waiting for the warmer months to come along down here. We've come a long way since the day of the old belows-type dry-blowers. There's a few dry-blowers on the market these days and I believe they all do a reasonable job. People forget how much gold is out there away from current water flows.

I've got a Keene 140 drywasher with an Echo leaf blower. A nice thing about it is that it's compact and lightweight and sets up and breaks down in a couple minutes. Also you can get a backpack frame to mount it to so you can hike into remote areas with it.

When I was drywashing a lot a few years ago the only gripe I had about the 140 was two and a half shovels would fill the hopper up and I would have to wait for it. Back then I liked to shovel all day long with a short break every couple hours and I wished would have bought a 151 instead. But now since I don't shovel drywashers as much (only a few times a year) the 140 is fine for my purposes. Sorry I have no video's of it in action for you.

Archived