Record Heat In NV

Nugget and I spent some time at Rye Patch and the weather couldn't have been better. Saw some old friends and met some new ones. Didn't find any gold so we moved a bit and are now looking for a new patch and/or some old coins. Meanwhile, the weather has gotten unbelievably hot. It's 97 now and heading for a forecast 98 today. It was 38 degrees this morning!!! The average high for this day is 79 and the old record was 94. It's supposed to get even hotter. The forecast highs for Wed., Thurs. & Fri. are 98, 101 and 99. I dug out the swamp cooler for the occasion. It's amazing how well these things work with 8% humidity. About the time I shut down the swamp cooler it will be time to put on a jacket and get out with the detector.

Nugget and I spent some time at Rye Patch and the weather couldn't have been better. Saw some old friends and met some new ones. Didn't find any gold so we moved a bit and are now looking for a new patch and/or some old coins. Meanwhile, the weather has gotten unbelievably hot. It's 97 now and heading for a forecast 98 today. It was 38 degrees this morning!!! The average high for this day is 79 and the old record was 94. It's supposed to get even hotter. The forecast highs for Wed., Thurs. & Fri. are 98, 101 and 99. I dug out the swamp cooler for the occasion. It's amazing how well these things work with 8% humidity. About the time I shut down the swamp cooler it will be time to put on a jacket and get out with the detector.

Wow Dakota Slim...quite the weather swing up there! Gold Basin AZ is supposed to be 99 degrees for the high today with a 68 morning temp...and you are around 220 miles to the north! Hang in there...Home here in Las Vegas is supposed to be 104 today...Guido...

Archived