Best pin-pointer for GPX-4500

What does everyone find best, I prefer using speaker systems (Bear and Cougar country) so I'm leaning away from the Uniprobe etc (which are part of a headphone system)... and my Garrett Pro-Pointer isn't sensitive enough in my opinion...

I'm looking at the Coiltek add on switch box with probes... has anyone else used that system, is it working on small gold?

http://www.coiltekmanufacturing.com.au/pinpointer.html

Thanks guys.

Jennifer

Pinpointer.jpg

I like the hot spot on the coil of choice for the day's hunt and my green scoop! Has never failed me yet.

LuckyLundy

Thanks for your input but at times swinging a 22" plus coil into a hole gets a bit tiring, looking at pointer specific input.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I use the Coiltek 8" x 1" probe exclusively when I am onto a deep target.

None of the battery powered ones come close to the depth and sensitivity of it.

If you want to see one in action, have a look at my youtube clip of my Dad digging out a 9.5 grammer here in Victoria, Australia.

A point to note with this pinpointer is that you can also run it in cancel mode which will dumb it right down if you have a large target.

Hope this is of some help. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxgivw6iRE

Cheers,

Rick

Hi Jennifer B.....like El Dorado says I use a no longer made Coiltek 3" round mono coil that

has a handle about 18" long...I swing a NF 25" round mono and a Coiltek 19" round DD and I

know what it's like trying to pinpoint under a large coil....just last week I was beeping

between two power lines about 150 yards on each side of me and the noise was unbelieveable...

had to hunt in Cancel...so when I put the 3" on it also was in Cancel but I tried it in the

other normal settings and it worked fine without being in Cancel...in the hole wasn't a gold

nugget but a big Red hot rock....a foot down in Cancel is pretty good for a DD coil...I bought

this coil from Doc in Vegas years ago and I think it was his last one...here's what the set-up

looked likepost-719-128873461498_thumb.jpg

Hi Jennifer B.....like El Dorado says I use a no longer made Coiltek 3" round mono coil that

has a handle about 18" long...I swing a NF 25" round mono and a Coiltek 19" round DD and I

know what it's like trying to pinpoint under a large coil....just last week I was beeping

between two power lines about 150 yards on each side of me and the noise was unbelieveable...

had to hunt in Cancel...so when I put the 3" on it also was in Cancel but I tried it in the

other normal settings and it worked fine without being in Cancel...in the hole wasn't a gold

nugget but a big Red hot rock....a foot down in Cancel is pretty good for a DD coil...I bought

this coil from Doc in Vegas years ago and I think it was his last one...here's what the set-up

looked likepost-719-128873461498_thumb.jpg

Thanks Rick in AU for the memories...I loved hunting AU back in 94 except for the damn hard

ground....Jennifer I believe the Coiltek probe that Rick was using is the way to go...Doc

has a T-type inline connector where as you can keep the probe hooked all the time and just

secure it to your detector shaft...

Hi Jennifer,

I use the Coiltek 8" x 1" probe exclusively when I am onto a deep target.

None of the battery powered ones come close to the depth and sensitivity of it.

If you want to see one in action, have a look at my youtube clip of my Dad digging out a 9.5 grammer here in Victoria, Australia.

A point to note with this pinpointer is that you can also run it in cancel mode which will dumb it right down if you have a large target.

Hope this is of some help. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxgivw6iRE

Cheers,

Rick

Thanks Rick, I do recall watching both parts of that "Dig Dad Dig" video.... Grin

Thanks for the info.

Jen

Thank you all for the input.... I think I am going to go the switch box and coiltek pinpointer route, although the extra connections may add risk and turning it (the 4500) off to switch between pin point and normal coil may get old after awhile.....

Archived