oregon trip

howdy all, im going to my aunts for early famil xmas. its in bend oregon. im planning on taking my metal detectorsand do some nugget shooting. my gf has 25 acres in grass valley just off leland rd, on flume gulch. she says there is a creek on property. anyone familar with this area. is there gold there. also any info on place close to bend would be nice. somewhere i dont have to be club member to check out. anywhere i might have some luck and no trouble.

john

Yikes, gube, temps around Bend look to be dropping this week. Be sure to bring warm clothes.

I didn't find any gold spots right by Bend but had fun goofing around on forest roads.

Here's a link to some area sites http://www.great-oregon-vacations.com/oregon-gold-panning.html

Have fun! :)

Yikes, gube, temps around Bend look to be dropping this week. Be sure to bring warm clothes.

I didn't find any gold spots right by Bend but had fun goofing around on forest roads.

Here's a link to some area sites http://www.great-oregon-vacations.com/oregon-gold-panning.html

Have fun! :)

thanks kelly, i was looking at that site.looks like the government saved few places for the recreational miner to go without being a member.

john

ya gube, and although they say "Go where gold's been found" I still have fun going where it hasn't.

Maybe you'll be the first in a spot or find some other treasure.

Good just to keep it fresh. After the coin hunt Saturday in Quartzsite I wandered over to the empty playground (wouldn't go if kids were there- just one of the conditions of my parole ;)

Shoulda used the GMT cuz the 5000 wouldn't go near metal without goin crazy, but I still cleared a cable clamp with rusty nails by the swings and a button battery.

May even try some dry washing or panning again soon if I'm in the right spot.

It's fun mixing things up- doesn't always have to be beepin for gold.

Archived