An American Storyteller

From his personal profiles of modern gold prospectors, like Steve - interviewed at Point Bar Access, Colorado; to “The Unknown Prospector,” a homeless veteran prospecting at Lynx Creek, Arizona, "Notorius" Kelly illustrates the world we live in with sound and sight, then humanizes it with his own insights.

Whether in the snow-covered mountains of New Mexico - north of Pinos Altos, or just standing outside his truck - the “Covert Camper” - at dawn west of Quartzsite listening to the big rigs run down I-10 in the distance, hanging with Kelly is manna from Heaven for the adventurous soul!

Spend 10-minutes with Kelly in the mountains of Idaho, as he sits down for a “Lonesome Dinner,” at his campfire in the snow. You can feel the cold, smell the fire, and taste the sometimes bitter, sometimes sweet irony of just being “all by yourself.” Take a bumpy, teeth chattering ride in the Covert Camper over Jeep trails and washes in the desert outside Quartzsite, and don’t forget to check out the dog and cat fights - or my favorite, Kelly’s Truck Stop New Year’s Eve Blowout!

I honestly thought I could never be interested in watching a video journal like Kelly’s. I was wrong. Do yourself a favor, and visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/notoriouskelly

Big Nuggets, and God Bless America! - Terry

Great post Terry.

I was fortunate to have Kelly travel through Lake Havasu City and contact me.

We did a bit of exploring and "swappin' lies" while he was here, and I found him to be very interesting to say the least.

Nice fella, and I wish him well in his wanderings.

(And just like Shep, I hope he never see's the Elephant)

Patrick in Havasu.....

Archived