Anchorage AK

I'm going to be in Anchorage next month on business, thinking about taking my detector. Anybody know of

somewhere to detect around Anchorage? I have the GPAA guide but was hoping someone might have some tips.

I do not get around much outside our own forum these days but I saw this so thought I would chime in. Our site lists all the public locations around Anchorage along with maps, etc. But my firsy nugget hunt of the summer will be at nearby Crow Creek Mine as soon as the snow is gone. Less than an hours drive. Like most easy to get to spots the surface has been well detected so the old scape and detect method works best. A hot VLF like a Gold Bug 2 or GMT also helps. Very low mineralization and very few hot rocks. The gold is generally small but I have found many1-5 pennyweight nuggets there detecting. I have lots of stories about Crow Creek with photos on our site. If you get here before May 21st look me up and I will try and point you in the right direction. But after that I am off chasing gold most of the summer. I am selling all my gold so need to replenish the coffers!

Archived