I am GeoCommunicator challenged

I was kind of combing through the geocommunicator and came across something that confused me a little and would like to know if someone here can explain to me the current status of this claim in layman's terms? Is this claim open and active? Or is it saying the claim has been forfeited and is no longer workable? I am new to the whole claim paperwork stuff so I apologize if I sound stupid. Thanks.

Chris

https://www.blm.gov/workspace/ihtml/OpenDoc?DocInstanceID=4&DocUUID=00000108df41a45a-0000-a09e-0a780c38&DocVersion=1&isSmartcut=true

Hi Chris,

The link to your doc is not working. The geocomm access to MC pages is blocked when you try to access the page without a current cookie. If you were to share the AMC number we could probably help you.

Looking at the top left of the claim report you should see ACTIVE or CLOSED. From that the answer seems obvious but may not be without looking at the claim page on the lr2000 which is more up to date than the geocomm display.

I wish I could be more definite than that but without the AMC or a copy of the lr2000 serial register... it is the government after all. :rolleyes:

Clay

MinerDiggins

Subscribe to the NewDiggins Newsletter

I don't know why but every time I post the link it works fine for a couple of times, then stops working. What I do know is the ADK claim for the GPAA. The LR2000 Serial Number is CAMC268713. It shows up in the "active" section, but when you click on the LR2000 MC Report link it shows CLOSED in the case disposition. Also, farther down the page, it shows on 4/4/2011 the action remark is FORFEITED.

I looked CAMC268713 up on the lr2000 and it's dead as a doornail as far as the BLM is concerned. They didn't pay the assessment. When you don't pay the vig to the government man they call you names like "forfeited" and "closed".

When you do an information request from the geocommunicator the claims list it first presents is not very up to date. When you pull up the register on a single claim it digs into a more current database. It's not unusual that the claims list has many wrongly classified claims and usually doesn't contain the latest claims.

Interestingly I ran a geo index on all cases in that section and I see that Tom and Cindy Massie filed a new ADK claim in that spot on January 9, 2011. If you were looking for a free claim in the NW of 12 at Goler Gulch you may be a little late... or not. :ph34r:

Hope that helps.

Clay

MinerDiggins

I looked CAMC268713 up on the lr2000 and it's dead as a doornail as far as the BLM is concerned. They didn't pay the assessment. When you don't pay the vig to the government man they call you names like "forfeited" and "closed".

When you do an information request from the geocommunicator the claims list it first presents is not very up to date. When you pull up the register on a single claim it digs into a more current database. It's not unusual that the claims list has many wrongly classified claims and usually doesn't contain the latest claims.

Interestingly I ran a geo index on all cases in that section and I see that Tom and Cindy Massie filed a new ADK claim in that spot on January 9, 2011. If you were looking for a free claim in the NW of 12 at Goler Gulch you may be a little late... or not. :ph34r:

Hope that helps.

Clay

MinerDiggins

Actually, I just wanted to see if it was active. I am a GPAA member and thought it kind of odd that it said closed. Thanks for the help.

Archived