A few more Virginia nuggets from Friday

We have a low pressure system stalled over the mid-Atlantic with rain forecast for the weekend, but the itch got the best of us so we slipped out Friday afternoon, got a wet arse, covered the truck in red mud,slipped off the road into a tree, but found three nuggets, so all smiles

Sweet nugs LD did you hurt the wagon with that tree :huh: sounds like fun up that way , Great gold and water B)

Doug

I assume you were at Newport News or Norfolk, a few hours east of the gold pyrite belt. I have been lucky to get permission on a few sites that produced nuggets. Most gold from Virgnia was extracted from lode mines. Unfortunately most of the best territory has fallen victim to east coast urban developement. Most of the recent home buyers have been told the huge hole in their back yard is a 19th century ice house. BTW, I attached my finds from today.

Barry

Nice Gold LD If you ever get a yen to come North sometime give me a shout no icehouse holes in Ak well maybe a few, LOL.............Geo

Man, that looks cold. Heading up your way in July. (Chicken area). Taking my Son on a bonding and detecting trip. Hope that you found good gold on that cold looking day. Doug

Doug

I assume you were at Newport News or Norfolk, a few hours east of the gold pyrite belt. I have been lucky to get permission on a few sites that produced nuggets. Most gold from Virgnia was extracted from lode mines. Unfortunately most of the best territory has fallen victim to east coast urban developement. Most of the recent home buyers have been told the huge hole in their back yard is a 19th century ice house. BTW, I attached my finds from today.

Barry

[/quote Barry that is great looking Gold. I worked at Newport News Shipyard. Virginia is a great place to live. Keep the nuggs comming. Doug

Man, that looks cold. Heading up your way in July. (Chicken area). Taking my Son on a bonding and detecting trip. Hope that you found good gold on that cold looking day. Doug

I would recommend Chicken look up Mike Busby he has some nice pay to mine claims and believe me some very nice gold has been taken there....Nice campground the best of everything Mike and Lou are very nice folks.....Geo

THANKS GEO, WE WILL BE STAYING WITH MIKE FOR 7 DAYS. HE REALLY SEEMS TO BE AN OK GUY. I BOUGHT A SLUICE FOR THE TRIP,(NOT MUCH USE IN AZ.) JUST IN CASE THE GOLD IS TO DEEP OR SMALL FOR DETECTING. I THINK THAT IT WILL BE A GREAT TRIP, AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE. THANKS AGAIN, DOUG

Hey silver dog doug. When you get to Alaska and have time go over to Hope and try Reserection Creek. I have done very good there many times. Hope you have a wonderful trip. If I wasn't so old I'd be on my way there myself.

Hey silver dog doug. When you get to Alaska and have time go over to Hope and try Reserection Creek. I have done very good there many times. Hope you have a wonderful trip. If I wasn't so old I'd be on my way there myself.

Al, I'm 72, is that to old? Driving all the way from Tucson. Not sure where Hope and Reserection are, but if they are close to Chicken, We will try them. Thanks, Doug

Chicken is a LONG way from Hope.....I got to go to Hope when I was in AK last fall Doug.

It is south od Anchorage on the Kenai Peninsula. When I went it was Oct/Nov and it was grey and cloudy...typical for that time of year. If you end up going that far (to Anchorage) talk to Steve at AK Mining and Diving..they will tell you about Crow Creek which is just south of Anchorage. Before you get over on the peninsula.....Steve will tell you they work Crow Creek a lot. It is a pay to wotk but is set up good and has been family owned since the 40's I believe

Well gotta get my clothes out of the dryer...I love laundromats!

Somewhere in Nevada,

Paul

Chicken is a LONG way from Hope.....I got to go to Hope when I was in AK last fall Doug.

It is south od Anchorage on the Kenai Peninsula. When I went it was Oct/Nov and it was grey and cloudy...typical for that time of year. If you end up going that far (to Anchorage) talk to Steve at AK Mining and Diving..they will tell you about Crow Creek which is just south of Anchorage. Before you get over on the peninsula.....Steve will tell you they work Crow Creek a lot. It is a pay to wotk but is set up good and has been family owned since the 40's I believe

Somewhere in Nevada,

Paul

Nice stuff LD!

Somewhere in Nevada,

Paul

Hi Paul, how are things in Nv? Hope that your finding lot of big ones. I don't think that I will venture to far from Chicken, 3500 miles one way is enough driving, plus when your driving your not beeping. Take care and good luck. Doug

Archived