Headed to Ganes Creek

on Saturday for a two week stay. Anyone here going to be there?

I will be following a two tier strategy. First, hunt the bulldozer pushes with my Fisher F75 Special Edition and new 15" coil. Second, follow up in evening with Minelab GPX 5000 and Coiltek Goldstalker 24" x 14" mono coil hunting "worked out" locations. Toss in the usual put in as many hours as possible swinging the coil and I should have a good shot at some gold. Doug has wireless so I will try and post updates when I can.

Hey Steve

That's a solid plan, hope you do well.

That Doug is a good man. Bring him a big

fat cigar and he may do the pointy finger

for you LOL... he does that for everyone.

Be Safe Have Fun!!

Herb

on Saturday for a two week stay. Anyone here going to be there?

I will be following a two tier strategy. First, hunt the bulldozer pushes with my Fisher F75 Special Edition and new 15" coil. Second, follow up in evening with Minelab GPX 5000 and Coiltek Goldstalker 24" x 14" mono coil hunting "worked out" locations. Toss in the usual put in as many hours as possible swinging the coil and I should have a good shot at some gold. Doug has wireless so I will try and post updates when I can.

Good Hunting! Just read your beach hunting article - Great!

Thanks guys.

I did the same thing last summer at Ganes for a week and came home with 6 ounces of gold. I actually found most of the gold with the GPX as the pushes were not good to me. Used to be the last thing I'd use at Ganes is a PI but years of detecting and bulldozing have removed much of the surface trash. Some places are now relatively clean of targets so a PI is making more sense these days.

Last summers finds:

P1000618.jpg

Archived