Anyone know the where and how in these places?

Well guys I spent a couple days out in N. Cal. with my pet skunk still on his leash with me. I really want to turn him loose!!! Any thoughts on where I should be swinging my Minelab here? I went all over the place and maybe a couple places I shouldn't have(dangerous) with no luck. I did find a few tiny pieces of copper wire at 6-8 inches so I know the SD is working fine. I know they didn't get it all. NVRADAR

post-29713-0-23442100-1309009684_thumb.j

post-29713-0-70387500-1309009717_thumb.j

Wow! - looks cool, clear and refreshing up there. I was I had a place to hunt like that, somewhere that's not 100+ degrees and drier then a hundred year old bone.

Give it time and find every target. The last nugget I found was in someone else's bootscrap, it moved when I scrapped it too so I almost walked away....but I didn't and ended up with a little nugget almost a gram....you never know

Wow! - looks cool, clear and refreshing up there. I was I had a place to hunt like that, somewhere that's not 100+ degrees and drier then a hundred year old bone.

Give it time and find every target. The last nugget I found was in someone else's bootscrap, it moved when I scrapped it too so I almost walked away....but I didn't and ended up with a little nugget almost a gram....you never know

Speaking of cool and refreshing.. this stuff made it impossible to get to the creeks up this high.

post-29713-0-29734000-1309012506_thumb.j

Hey nvradar, Those pictures could be almost anywhere in NC but they sure look familiar. In those areas I would use a VLF and search, search, search those

nice white rocks. I was in an area many years ago and was lucky enough to find a quartz boulder, almost a ton, that had unbelievable amounts of gold in it. The bigger rock had to be broke down to where I had three pieces of quartz that were the size of half a basketball. Those three pieces turned out to have pounds and pounds of gold inside. I was using the old whites VSat Goldmaster. This was not a oddball finding as many more "rocks" had been found before and after mine. One that I was able to actually see myself was the size of a volleyball and had almost twentyone pounds of gold in it after it had been sliced. Another one had seven pounds. There have been many other rocks found with as little as a few pennyweights to multi ounces in them. Its a little different hunting but wow, what a rush if you are able to find a nice rock. If you want to send me a PM with a phone number and we can talk about some of the locations I am talking about. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Well guys I spent a couple days out in N. Cal. with my pet skunk still on his leash with me. I really want to turn him loose!!! Any thoughts on where I should be swinging my Minelab here? I went all over the place and maybe a couple places I shouldn't have(dangerous) with no luck. I did find a few tiny pieces of copper wire at 6-8 inches so I know the SD is working fine. I know they didn't get it all. NVRADAR

Oh boy....whats all that green stuff?

Man, that looks nice and cool...

Dont feel bad, I went out yesterday in 100+ deg. Found a dead mouse,bullets,shell casings,wire,shrapnal....ect. Heck, I made more in brass shell casings for scrap then gold!

No Yellow.

Get ahold of Ray. Hes a really helpful guy.

Hang in there, keep swinging, enjoy the day out:)look at the birds and lizards... You'l find some eventually.

On a plus side, I did loose about 3 lbs yesterday!

Tom

I do like the big green trees and cool mountains quite a difference from Nevada. I did speak to Ray and YES he was VERY knowledgeable, thanks again Ray. I think this ol desert has grown on me though. Care to take a dip in this? I don't think it would be a wise thing to try and walk across this snow bridge.

post-29713-0-46497400-1309028417_thumb.j

I do like the big green trees and cool mountains quite a difference from Nevada. I did speak to Ray and YES he was VERY knowledgeable, thanks again Ray. I think this ol desert has grown on me though. Care to take a dip in this? I don't think it would be a wise thing to try and walk across this snow bridge.

Ahhh......Id rather take a dip in that then the water hole I found yesterday.

All green, slimy, bugs and stinky.

Really gross. It was below that hole I found yesterday.

Tom

Another thing to look for in those areas is where they did not completely wash all the gravels away. Hard to find but can be very productive. As one of my mentors says, look for their mistakes.

Another thing to look for in those areas is where they did not completely wash all the gravels away. Hard to find but can be very productive. As one of my mentors says, look for their mistakes.

I guess maybe I'm not to far off track then cause I was looking for just such a thing. I also tried to imagine where the long tom entrance was, thinking some gold could have hidden underneath but that was impossible. Most all of these pits have very high walls with alot of small pea size gravel left behind....any possibility in that small size gravel?

Archived