North Fork Trinity

Hey guys its Ugs.. Well I took your advice after the last time I posted. I was wondering on where to go from Humboldt when I visited my folks. I ended up leaving Fortuna, at about 6am on the weekend of the 4th.. Drove up north and hit the 299. Beautiful as I had remembered 9 years ago.. It was sunny and HOT!! When we got to a random spot on the North Fork where I saw no postings and people camping right within the area..Someone worked this area back in the day... Hard.. But after scouting out dosens of places this would be our spot..Good thing about it is it was HEAVILY Shaded and cool next to the river.. Up where the car was parked it was 100 at least.. and next to the cold water about 80. We brought all of the gear down on this tiny bank and I did a sample pan of aout a tablespoon of dirt right under a moss rock. Instantly a small flake.. So we set up this first weekend and got to work. The whole area was tailings.. All of the rocks were undisturbed and had a thick layer of moss. So we started collecting material. Not much sand/dirt. Alot of rocks. So I decides we would dig next to the trees.. Digging in the roots about 6 inches down is where we found 80 percent of our first catch.. BTW red ants everywhere hahah. So we did about 4 hours sluicing and I picked out the bigger stuff. Alot of chunkys and not much flour.. Where as in Colefax i get ALOT of smaller stuff with flakes..

Went back this last weekend for my Highschool Graduation. Decided to go back to that spot cause of a creek that was across the river I couldnt acess last time. The water was down and i headed across.. Someone had dredged it and recently.. All of the bedrock was clean all the way to the bottom. I took my crowbar and shifted a few rocks in the area and collected a little material not much in it.. I messed up cause I didnt focus on the trees. I was trying out ideas in this new spot and neglected what worked. Last 20 minutes I hit up a tree.. Sure enough my first picker. Well. You live and learn.. I dont have all the fancy stuff.. I just started this year and I been bringing all my concentrate and panning it here in San Leandro. Here is some pics.

post-39067-0-77566400-1311222951_thumb.jpost-39067-0-76958700-1311222957_thumb.jpost-39067-0-81810100-1311222963_thumb.jpost-39067-0-05342400-1311222973_thumb.jpost-39067-0-84362400-1311222993_thumb.j

Hey guys its Ugs.. Well I took your advice after the last time I posted. I was wondering on where to go from Humboldt when I visited my folks. I ended up leaving Fortuna, at about 6am on the weekend of the 4th.. Drove up north and hit the 299. Beautiful as I had remembered 9 years ago.. It was sunny and HOT!! When we got to a random spot on the North Fork where I saw no postings and people camping right within the area..Someone worked this area back in the day... Hard.. But after scouting out dosens of places this would be our spot..Good thing about it is it was HEAVILY Shaded and cool next to the river.. Up where the car was parked it was 100 at least.. and next to the cold water about 80. We brought all of the gear down on this tiny bank and I did a sample pan of aout a tablespoon of dirt right under a moss rock. Instantly a small flake.. So we set up this first weekend and got to work. The whole area was tailings.. All of the rocks were undisturbed and had a thick layer of moss. So we started collecting material. Not much sand/dirt. Alot of rocks. So I decides we would dig next to the trees.. Digging in the roots about 6 inches down is where we found 80 percent of our first catch.. BTW red ants everywhere hahah. So we did about 4 hours sluicing and I picked out the bigger stuff. Alot of chunkys and not much flour.. Where as in Colefax i get ALOT of smaller stuff with flakes..

Went back this last weekend for my Highschool Graduation. Decided to go back to that spot cause of a creek that was across the river I couldnt acess last time. The water was down and i headed across.. Someone had dredged it and recently.. All of the bedrock was clean all the way to the bottom. I took my crowbar and shifted a few rocks in the area and collected a little material not much in it.. I messed up cause I didnt focus on the trees. I was trying out ideas in this new spot and neglected what worked. Last 20 minutes I hit up a tree.. Sure enough my first picker. Well. You live and learn.. I dont have all the fancy stuff.. I just started this year and I been bringing all my concentrate and panning it here in San Leandro. Here is some pics.

post-39067-0-77566400-1311222951_thumb.jpost-39067-0-76958700-1311222957_thumb.jpost-39067-0-81810100-1311222963_thumb.jpost-39067-0-05342400-1311222973_thumb.jpost-39067-0-84362400-1311222993_thumb.j

good job well done..

Great job Ugs, and some nice gold there! :-)

Thanks Guys.. Maybe some day I will get the bigger stuff.

Archived