Black Widow Headphones

Hey Flak,

I use those cheapies with my Minelab Sov on the beach, way more comfortable than the black widows, way better than the external speaker on the Sov. It's a give and take thing like everything else. They are not as good as the black widows but I can wear them longer and they don't hurt my ears as much. In the gold fields I would only use them for back up. When it is really windy the black widows keep your ears warm and cut out the wind noise. when it is hot and dry and the rattlers are out the cheapies are cooler and you would hear a rattle snake rattle. Like I said it is a give and take thing.

We need to get together soon and get out after some gold. Mick asked if I had heard from you. We went fishing and boated a few crappies on Sunday. We are planning a family trout fishing trip soon not too far from Ridge Crest. You should join us.

yes, Flak, I think they are...WITH AN ENHANCER...on the Minlab Pi units I have owned; The 2000, 2200, GP Extreme and the 3500. I don't know if the 4500 or 5000 have enough built-in enhancement to use these...

I prefer the Dual Speaker System when I am alone and away from others. I use regular headphones if I really want to seal out the world in cold weather...

I don't descriminate against any thing that might be helpful.

I also use the Sonys most of the time with my xterra 70...

fred

Archived