Got a new GB2

I got a new Gold Bug 2 on Saturday on recommendation from my Nor Cal friends and headed out with it locally on Sunday to give it a try. It is a different animal compared to my 4500 with alot of different quirks to figure out but within 5 minutes of turning it on I picked up a little nugget with it! ....Granted I was on an old patch but still I thought it was pretty cool.

The nugget I got was only 0.9 grains and actually gave a fairly bright signal with the GB2. My previous record on *smallness* was 1.0 grains with my 4500 but that nugget was smashed flat and just barely made the lightest break in the threshold and that was basically rubbing it with a 8" RM with pretty hot settings.

I am impressed with the little GB2, and makes almost a cute little noise when it finds something it likes..

DigDeep

post-4951-0-37686000-1314662971_thumb.jp

Way to go on the little nuggie Jamie, all gold is good. It seems more and more guys are teaming up thier Minelabs with gold bugs and the 6" coil. I've had my GB2 for around 6 months now and it sure saves the day from bringing home the skunk or bringing home some gold. Alot of the places we hunt, the bigger pieces are getting harder to find with the Minelabs so come towards the end of the day I usually get the bug out and can most of the time leave the goldfields with at least a dink or two. Keep up the good work and I'll see ya out there.

Dave

WOW, good eyes. I have a gb2 and a GP3000, but still chasin my first nugget, know it will happen. Hittin the So Cal beaches with my new Sand Shark this weekend, should be good. Thanx, BIGGUY

Jamie,

You'll love that GB2. I know your Wife is about to download with child...now if that baby is born this week you get a kitchen pass to headup our way for this long weekend. Today Robin & I, hunted with Mike (hotrock) and geez, Robin kicked my butt real good and Mike's...Mike's, poke was way more respectable (1.3 dwt's) than my (.6 dwt). Head on up and it seems we don't have to give you any lessons if your finding them that little. WTG! Here's Robin (1.7 dwt's) and my, day poke of course mine is the small pile...it's all good!!! Until our next hunt

LuckyLundy

29Aug11.jpg

Archived