From Pleasant to Prescott

Talked the wife into a road trip this weekend. Heading up to Prescott to just relax and drive around mostly. I'll pack the detector but may not even get it out. She likes panning so maybe we go to Links Creek and I'll salt her pan..... :ph34r: ...would like her to catch a little gold bug. She likes to fish but seems to have an immunity to the gold fever. On the way up or down I would like to take the backroads from Lake Pleasant to Prescott of vise-versa unless it gets pretty rough and technical then I'll wait for another weekend and go with a buddy and two vehicles. I'm sure some of you guys have run the route and could let me know if it's a bad idea to do solo on a weekend with some rain in the forecast. Thanks.

Talked the wife into a road trip this weekend. Heading up to Prescott to just relax and drive around mostly. I'll pack the detector but may not even get it out. She likes panning so maybe we go to Links Creek and I'll salt her pan..... :ph34r: ...would like her to catch a little gold bug. She likes to fish but seems to have an immunity to the gold fever. On the way up or down I would like to take the backroads from Lake Pleasant to Prescott of vise-versa unless it gets pretty rough and technical then I'll wait for another weekend and go with a buddy and two vehicles. I'm sure some of you guys have run the route and could let me know if it's a bad idea to do solo on a weekend with some rain in the forecast. Thanks.

It isn't USUALLY a problem, but hey conditions on some of those forest service roads change daily. It is always good to have a running buddy in front of you that has been there, and done that - especially the first time! Good luck, stay safe, have fun!

The road from the backside of lake pleasant to crown king has some pretty nasty spots in it. I dont think I would go it alone.

From crown king on into prescott is not too bad.

Tom

The road from the backside of lake pleasant to crown king has some pretty nasty spots in it. I dont think I would go it alone.

From crown king on into prescott is not too bad.

Tom

Also...

If you just drive up to prescott and turn in at lynx creek there is some pretty good area up there to detect above walker.

Prescott is a cool town to visit. Lots of history. If your lucky they may have something going on at the courthouse square in the middle of town.

Or, you could just stay on wiskey row and drink your day away. :P Ok, thats no fun.

Heres a link to something you may want to see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_Charcoal_Kiln

If your in for adventure...take the yarnell hill down through Wickenburg. Its a really twisty windy road. Your traversing gold country all along there.

Or, you could go out senator highway up to big bug mesa/5 corners..then down through poland and come out at poland junction...then head back down I-17.

There are a lot of roads to explore up there.

Have fun!

Tom H.

Archived