Some Beautiful Quartz Veins!!!

All in all I found 15 different quartz veins on this property. I found gold in a couple of them, along with some nice pickers down in the creek. I think I need to buy a metal detector and a rock crusher now!? LOL I hope you enjoy the pics! Check out the next to last pic...

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

Hard to tell on the 2nd to last picture if that's gold or shiny gold colored mica. Could be either one from the photo.

Do some testing, dont spend huge amounts of money until you know the veins are gold bearing. There are billions of quartz veins most dont have much of any gold to speak of. Quartz is made of silicon and oxygen - the two most common elements in the earth's crust, so quartz is more common than you may think.

Still it looks good, you just need to go out and do the work to confirm the gold.

That's good Advice Chris, he should grind up some samples and some of the contact zone also....Great stories on the Aussie trip, I kicked myself a few times for not coming along, but was having fun banging out gold on our claims and just didn't want to leave it LOL, ya know there's always a large chunk there somewhere..You are going to like Chisana it is a very interesting place..Be sure and bring your GB2 :D :D ........Geo

An aside, Summer before last Gary Cox and I were helping a fellow with his stuff. He has the claims over the hill from Little El (Bonanza Cr actually, what a name Huh) I fired up his brand new GB2, showed him basically how to tune it, banged out a few small pieces, you should have seen his face.. In the meantime Gary ran back over to our place, picked up his 5000 brought it back to show Tom...Well Tom the newbie gets into the 5000 harness and in a few minutes proceeds to bang out a pristine 2.5 oz slug out of the cut we were helping him sample..Yikes, anyway this area had to be proved up on again by the same Park Service Geological team that sampled our claims that summer...... :D

he should grind up some samples and some of the contact zone also

Agreed - very definitely he should test the contact zone along the veins.

was having fun banging out gold on our claims and just didn't want to leave it

I understand, hard to leave gold to find gold..... Still it was a great adventure. I'm looking forward to this summer, I am sure it will be a very interesting time and it will be great to see everyone. Just went out and bought some luggage for the trip, my cheapie luggage from the Oz trip fell apart in the journey.

Archived