Mine hounding

Gone from research to actually getting out and lookin in this area of Mariposa county CA, many mines dotted all over area and we came across several last weekend.

I have more video at my youtube site your more then welcome to go and watch, i'll post the significant find #5 for you guys here.

Vini it will be worth your time as there are parts of several stamp mills and other equipment. You m ight need a high clearance vehicle or 4wd as the last time I was there the road was getting a little rough. Jerry

Thats exactly what i bought the quad for jerry :)

We're in hunters valley over by bear valley have you done much over there? I'm trying to reach the claim owners in the area i'm in I think their a couple older gentleman, the area hasn't been touched much, i saw a few dig holes and we didnt do anything there just looked around then went to unclaimed area to check out. I'm wanting to work some gullys for placer and there are lots of them, I WISH i had gotten video of the spring I found it was cool and not on claimed land, even found a few specks in the top soil so thinking small suction high banker, yeah suction B) and work the creek below the spring.

Vini, good movie! Both look familiar. Stamp mill, I remember down off acess rd towards Hells Hollow, but thought it was a 3 stamp (my memory sucks) and mine, off other road up the hill.

Quads are cool!

Shep

5 miles back on access Rd. then about 1,200 feet down towards lake Shep, looooong road if your walking and no fun coming back out, 2 hours it takes my cousin to walk out and he's in great shape.

LOVE that quad it's awesome it hauled me and my cousin back out he sat on the back, it was rough on him though, wheelied up the front end a few times on rutts almost went over side twice :blink:

I'm thinking gulleys, metal detect and or work it down to bedrock, I didnt get into the actual "V" of the gully and thats my next expedition.

Archived