up date on the Mariposa fire, 16,000 acs.

NO this is a different Fred Deedy

I'm sore today working throwing all that cobble trying to find bedrock up there yesterday, gonna have to get a rock net going next time, many feet of cobble over B rock to move.

I miss those days a lot...moved to Scottsdale AZ a few months ago. Bored out of my mind...too hot to go anywhere right now...but found this board while researching the superstition mt which are close by. I want to hike the supers and metal detect...who knows I just might find some of the tailings they left behind...regardless, I will have a good time hiking:)

Sounds like a "ben gay" day, Vini :(

ya'll take care...I saw all thos pics...looks really bad :(, Deedy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LadyD, Fred you are taking about, lives in San Beradino, You prob. remember me, I'm Gary. Used to work the front gate and the store, had a cowboy hat with a rattle snakes head band on it. Anyway. Bill Brosious is pased on and MID are running the place now. things have changed alot. Grubstake

Matt just called me, he said the fire came right up to his property line, but went around him, he said it was spooky, at night, and has no electric, but everything is ok, But its not over with yet, so keep your fingers crossed, Grubstake

LadyD, Fred you are taking about, lives in San Beradino, You prob. remember me, I'm Gary. Used to work the front gate and the store, had a cowboy hat with a rattle snakes head band on it. Anyway. Bill Brosious is pased on and MID are running the place now. things have changed alot. Grubstake

Hi Gary,

Yes I remember you. The rattlesnake hatband was a "dead" no pun intended lol , give away. Sorry to hear Bill passed on...he was a really nice guy. I was wondering if you were still there. Sorry MID took over again :( be too many restrictions.

I always came up there with my 7 kids with Mike and Laura and their 5 kids. The kids lived in the water and Mike and I dredged a lot:) We took several ounces of nuggets from there.

The following season we started going to the Yuba River way up north...got some good nuggets there as well. Mike graded the nuggets and had them all in a beautiful wooden box showcased. We were going to display the collection at our local club's booth at the Quartsite show. Some nasty tempered crook bashed in Mike's van window and stole all the gold and nephrite jade we had collected.

That year Mike and Laura moved to OK and bought some land with a lot of resident trilobites. MIke went into a business cleaning them and selling them. He has my dredge lol...the one I bought at Bagby from John Evans. It was too much for me to handle anyways...I used the little one.

The kids are grown and they remember you as the guy with the rattlesnake...the red head and the oldest are in Iraq, the youngest to leave for Iraq in October. All of the kids turned out well...I am proud of them...as you may remember, they were adopted as older kids so they had a lot of obstacles to get through. Working the river and camping up there as a family helped make that happen.

I never did tell ya'll THANKS for all the help ya'll gave me keeping eyes on the kids:) Not that dad ever would go where I like to go but he couldn't have anyways because he had to work 2 jobs to help raise them lol. BTW he still wears the ring with the gold nuggets I bought from you :)

Take care Gary, Deedy

I was in Bagby ALL DAY dredging only sign of fire was smoke over in miner matts neighborhood I hope his house is standing still, the cops had that road and the next one blocked and barracaded.

HAs anyone talked to matt yet? I lost his cell #

Never seen 727's ??? ( some VERY large planes ) being used on fires now that was a trip I have video will post it later this week

Talked to matt this afternoon, he said his house made it but many around him did not. Fire still buring all around him,roads still closed. Can't tell me if Saxon made it .

Chuck

Sure glad Matt made it. Gotta be awful hot there with no electricity and no water. If they don't get it stopped past Briceburg it will probably burn to close to the park. That is where the old fire was. We sure needed the brush burned out but not this way. Jerry

Deedy, since you bought the dredge off of John Evans, I'm sure you saw that big nugget he found at Red banks, shaped like the state of Calif. Anyway most of the old guys are moved on or gone, I don't know if you were still there, when the Wells Fargo commercial was shot or not, I got to be in that. Good times remembered. Grubstake

Flak yeah thats the same one.

Matt callled missed him glad you guys got to talk.

WOW Deedy thats quite a crew of youngens but theres probably nothing better for a kid then to have a place like Bagby for a play ground, wishing those heading to Iraq well we thank them all for there service.

Chuck does Saxon have a house on it?

If Your Listening to the communications and you have 2 speakers the left speaker will be the ground control and the right speaker is the air attacks guys that are in the planes

Deedy, since you bought the dredge off of John Evans, I'm sure you saw that big nugget he found at Red banks, shaped like the state of Calif. Anyway most of the old guys are moved on or gone, I don't know if you were still there, when the Wells Fargo commercial was shot or not, I got to be in that. Good times remembered. Grubstake

hehe yeah I remember a big one he got that Mrs. Evans confiscated :) think it weighed 22 oz, if I remember correctly

Hi Jerry,

From what I can gather the fire is well on it's way up the Merced River canyon around Briceburg.

It has jumped to the north up that big grade above Briceburg as well.

Perhaps this is old news, but in case it's not...

Take care,

Flak

Grats on the commercial...invest in tools, with the brush gone, I should think a whole lot more gold will wash out of those canyons :) But I pray the fire stops before lives are lost :(

Grats on the commercial...invest in tools, with the brush gone, I should think a whole lot more gold will wash out of those canyons :) But I pray the fire stops before lives are lost :(

oops sorry must have hit the wrong reply key...meant that for Gary...

WOW Deedy thats quite a crew of youngens but theres probably nothing better for a kid then to have a place like Bagby for a play ground, wishing those heading to Iraq well we thank them all for there service.

yeah I am dubbed the "crazy lady" for that reason, got our biological kids grown up and got some more:) We had a lot of good times at Bagby...it was wonderful...all the folks helped me to keep track of them...the guys provided much needed fatherly advice and guidance to the boys :)

Since I was often a woman alone with a bunch of kids, the guys also made sure I was safe...that is much apreciated!

I learned a great deal at Bagby...if you look in the pic that Vino posted of the smoke in the back of the mountain you will see some red rocks jutting out at the left...that looks like the very same spot my oldest adopted son found his very fist nuggets...he was so proud of them...at Christmas I cried...he made them into a pair of earrings for me:)

Most importantly, that discovery of the nuggets changed that young man's life from ghetto and crime to a very hard worker...before that I couldn't get him to see that work was worthwhile :)

Flak yeah thats the same one.

Matt callled missed him glad you guys got to talk.

Chuck does Saxon have a house on it?

No buildings on Saxon,backhoe and compressor was moved to Matts a week ago. Still have the mill at the mine , closest homes would be John Schroeder and James , was told all in that area burned.

Hay was that you near the bridge at Bagby with the Barbecue ? Went by there twice Sunday

Take Care Chuck

If Your Listening to the communications and you have 2 speakers the left speaker will be the ground control and the right speaker is the air attacks guys that are in the planes

Got to talk with Matt an hour ago sounds very relieved he got spared this time thank God.

Hope the winds stay low but it sure must have whipped up last night??